• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Double Wide 3.0? HELP WITH LIGHTS!

• Thread starter Jairmayah
  • Start date
J

Jairmayah

I just got this double wide off craigslist but I can not seem to get any florescent bulbs to work in it. What bulbs is anyone else using in theirs to be specific? Model, etc.

Also, the 6 lights that go in the top, what model lights are others using? There are some lights already installed but 3 of them just flicker once when I turn the switch on then shut right off, one doesn't work at all and another looks like an after market bulb that works fine but gets way too hot for my liking.

And does anyone know how to flex plexiglass back to normal? Both doors somehow ended up curving and I don't know how to get them back to normal. The left one is very bad, I have to flex it in order to open and close the door. Any help and advice would be appreciated! Thanks!

photo 1.JPG
photo 2.JPG
photo 3.JPG
photo 4.JPG
photo 5.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Dettach the bulb from the socket.
Should look like this.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1402463555.592204.jpg

It can be purchased at your local walmart store. I think they are 15w. Make sure it has the same connecting pins.

Dettach the bulb from the socket.
Should look like this. View attachment 88053
It can be purchased at your local walmart store. I think they are 15w. Make sure it has the same connecting pins.
I did see those at walmart but I REALLY don't want to get a bulb that's not an led bulb considering how much heat the non led ones output. Having a 3 tier stand with sunnies in the top shelf next to a bulb that get's real hot is just not gonna fly with me. I didn't see any led's at walmart, lowes or home depot unfortunately.

Last edited by a moderator:
I AM RICH is steering you towards halogens which is a step backwards from LED- especially since you already have nice 3W 3 LED lamps installed.
It seems like the LED bulb driver (transformer) in the top is either broken or a halogen one that won't properly drive the six lamps installed. You can go to Home Depot and get one of these:
858-1383056960-81eea5b6a1fd32f589dfd302d20c172a.jpg
This rated at between 3 and 60 watts will drive all six of your 3 watt LED's with ease @ 18W total. Simply wire it into the top of the cabinet using the existing power already ran there.

Thanks carguy! I may have to go ahead and give this a try.

Good initiative bad judgment.
Hey, any advice is appreciated! Just one of the bulbs in there was a 20 watt non led and it just got way too hot. I would hate to have a sunglass so close to a hot bulb and have something happen overtime ya know.

Latest Posts

Back