• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Double Wide 3.0? HELP WITH LIGHTS!

• Thread starter Jairmayah
  • Start date
I found some LED bulbs on ebay for the top that appear to be the correct ones. 2 Florescent bulbs go in the bottom then a white, plastic piece goes over top of them to cover it up so you can display more sunglasses down there. There's also a florescent bulb of the same size that goes in the top of the display case to light up the work Oakley on the top. I added a picture of what it shows on the bottom for the florescent bulbs. The ones in there were not working so I was wondering what others were using in theirs that work.

photo.JPG

Oakster here on the forum has been trying to get rid of the same LED's that are pictured in this thread, 3 LED 3 watt.
I bought 2 cases of 6 each and they were about $30 per case USD ('cause he's Canadian).
Bottom lights must be fluorescent to use the existing ballast that will drive fluorescent only. Or you can use a LED tube like this but would need to rewire bypassing the flourescent ballast:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2X-10W-950l...509?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4ad59a94a5
Which wouldn't be a bad idear if the existing ballast is bad.

Back