• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Double Wide Aluminium Cabinet

• Thread starter Deleted member 790
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 790

Hi,

This is my first postin this section - I'm a newbie when it comes to display cases - please bear with me. :)

So, the sports store next to where I work has an alu double wide they aren't using. I went ahead and asked the manager if he wanted to sell it - he wants to get rid of it.

What's the going rate for these?
It's in pretty good condition and has a set of keys.

Than you for any input and advice in purchasing display units!

Sander

Going rate would be around $400 to $500. Double wides are great. If they are not using it offer $200 and go up to $300 if they do not take the $200.
Check on the display items too. See if they had any. Good Luck.

Going rate would be around $400 to $500. Double wides are great. If they are not using it offer $200 and go up to $300 if they do not take the $200.

Couldn't have said better myself!!

I offered him 200 for it, but I'm contemplating wether or not he would go with 100 - then it would be a steal, I guess, right? A bit late now, though, because I already sent the email offering him 200.. Hmm.
Yeah, that was my plan too. He was using it to display Garmin watches so I'm hoping the bottom part is filled with goodies! Wouldn't mind that!
I have no where to put it, to be honest, but I mean, come on. As a collector, getting a cabinet is like a dream come true!
Thank you for your input! I really appreciate it, and I can't say this enough, but I'm so glad this forum and community exist! Such a great help!!

I think $200 is a steal dude! Keep us posted. You'll love having a display case. The bad thing about the double is you're going to want to fill it up!

I offered him 200 for it, but I'm contemplating wether or not he would go with 100 - then it would be a steal, I guess, right? A bit late now, though, because I already sent the email offering him 200.. Hmm.
Yeah, that was my plan too. He was using it to display Garmin watches so I'm hoping the bottom part is filled with goodies! Wouldn't mind that!
I have no where to put it, to be honest, but I mean, come on. As a collector, getting a cabinet is like a dream come true!
Thank you for your input! I really appreciate it, and I can't say this enough, but I'm so glad this forum and community exist! Such a great help!!

You are welcome. Lets see pictures when you get it. Cases when you can get them are a great find. At that price even better.

Sooo, I went to the store today, just to check up on things.. Manager told me I'll still be able to buy it, and that he'll email me, when he is done with some other business (he's getting some new stands for the Garmin watches he needs to display, and he can't sell the double wide before he has that settled.)
I took a look at the cabinet, looks to be in pretty good shape, but what got me most excited, was to find out that on top of the cabinet, about 20-25 Metal 2- and 3-Tier stands were collecting dust! Really hoping he'll accept my 200 offer!!

What are the Metal 2- and 3-Tier stands selling for at the moment?? 20 a piece??

ehh id say more like $15 a piece...and to be honest i don't see too many METAL 3 tier stands unless my mind is slipping...did you mean plastic? :confused: