• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Double Wide And Single Wide Display Weight.

MAGNUS

Oakley Enthusiast
I am thinking about picking up a double wide display case (Aluminum), so I was wondering. Can two people lift it? I am preaty strong i can press a good amount of weight over my head and my cousing is stronger then me. It looks like it is heavy, but I helped lift a big screen 1990's tv up a flight of stairs and on two seperat ocasions lifted a Golden Axe arcade game and a Dungeons and Dragons arcade game up a flight of stairs. Let me tell you we had three people but thos things were freeking heavy, and as you may know they are not hollow. I live in an apartment and I would have to get it up a flight of stairs.

Is the single wide aluminum case easy to lift with two people?

Wll the double wide case fit in the back of my 1500 ft silverado, laying flat? (For those of you that have used trucks)

Thank you.

it should lay down in truck just fine. Me and a buddy moved my doublewide up 2 flights of steps. It aint easy but it can be done.

my son, 15, and I moved mine up a couple flights of stairs. It's no problem. Yes the shelves come out.

yeah you can take out shelves so dont get more scratched or shift around. Lower down almost on its side and one person hold top corner and one preson lower corner.

Ok. Im guesing the lower cabinet side is the heaviest since the metal display cabinets are at the bottom. Im going to play the Conan the Barbarian intro music when I lift it up the stairs.

My double wide aluminum case was moved easily. Kinda heavy, yes, but two people can move it. My Dad and I moved mine in and out of my Ford truck, and into my house, then down into the basement. I would take the shelves out so they don't fall out. Mine were plexi-glass. It won't make it lighter, just less worry of damage. This is a cool purchase. I don't regret mine. Everytime someones comes into the basement they flip out over it.

Depends on which version you have.
Earlier versions of both single and double wide towers had two strips of aluminum to the four wings, and are much heavier than those with single strips.
My double wide has the double strips, my single and triple wide has only one strip.

The older ones will have an extra strip of metal on each of the 4 wings.
Maybe even the metal itself was heavier in the earlier version, I haven't gone so far as to determine that.
But those doubled-up towers feel much heavier.
Just check the wings.

Back