• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Doublewide 3.0 Top Lighting issue

midsy

Oakley Beginner
Hello,

I just purchased this Doublewide case.

When I picked it up, all lighting was working correctly. After leaving the case fully lit for a while the top lights went out. I turned the case off for about an hour and when i turned it back on the lights worked again. Last night, again, the lights only on the top went out. I left the case off all night but they are still not working in the morning.

I tried to do a little trouble shooting but I'm no electrician. All the wires appear to be correct and i cant find anything wrong. The lights on the bottom have been working correctly. I've added a few pictures of the top.
IMG_20190609_104429.jpg
IMG_20190609_104416.jpg

Thank you for any advice that may help me ✌

Last edited:
I had some similar problems. I went to all led light bulbs noticed one of your lights doesnt appear to be LED. Should still work though. Take one light out that isnt LED and see how it runs. If that isnt it I would say power supply/transformer.

Sounds like the driver is dying. Replace it and go with all LED. I and some other members have documented the process. You’ll have to search to find them.

The first pic you show, the lights on top are working. Are you talking about the light for the Oakley logo at the top?

The first pic you show, the lights on top are working. Are you talking about the light for the Oakley logo at the top?
The First picture was taken before the lights went out to show what it looked like before. Sorry, i realize i didn't make that clear at all. I didn't even notice that the Oakley light was out before, i thought they went out simultaneously

The First picture was taken before the lights went out to show what it looked like before. Sorry, i realize i didn't make that clear at all. I didn't even notice that the Oakley light was out before, i thought they went out simultaneously
the Oakley logo is illuminated by the fluorescent tube at the top. If it doesn't turn on after you replace the tube, you probably have a bad ballast. It's very common on the 3.x towers.

Latest Posts

Back