• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Down to only 2 pair with Targetline is my do-it-all.

carnageasada

Oakley Beginner
Yo,
As much as I dig Oakley's push to constantly redefine what we put on our faces and more importantly (to me), protect our vision, with time comes a desire for simplification in my life. I used to have a pair of Oakleys for every activity I did, including a pair of stunners to go with the ensemble! Cycling, running, backpacking, military ops, field work, livin', stunnin'...
In no particular order cause I can't remember:

Mars
X-Metal
HiJinx
Mainlink
Det Cords
Flak Jacket
M-Frame
Pro M-Frame
Jupiter Carbon - KEEPER
Double Edge
Elmont
Gascan
Zero
Targetline - KEEPER
Flight Jacket
Jawbreaker

There's more, but they've been lost to time I'm sure. I'm also certain that this list pales in comparison to some of the collectors on here, but, aside from the Mars, I've worn most if not all of multiples of these to destruction, which even the most hardcore may have as well... I've recently realized that the lens type and its coverage is all that's crucial now, but that may be because the Prizm, almost all it's flavors, of them work for shooting, an activity that has pushed my eyes to the limit given a day at the range or in the desert for professional reasons. Blah blah, right? I guess the point of this is that I'm one of many that goes back to a somewhat classic design incorporating new lens tech, Road Prizm. The frame - Targetline, like a boxy Frogskin-ish frame for my bigger noggin, a real Swiss Army knife, so much so that I'm bucking a lot of other shades. That combo even shines at the range to reduce fatigue and through varied light conditions. Why so much detail? Well, I can't think of a better place for folks to scrutinize my decision, even though highly subjective, but I'm always up for using a scalable resource as this to see if my decision can be supplemented with wisdom of so many fans.
Cool, so for all who will humor, discuss...

Ha, fair enough, even with Heater lenses I find the coverage with the frames of the Targetline to be sufficient, just personal desire to make one solution stick made me really put the Prizm lens through the paces and it rocks, very pleased.

M frame or det-cord. More wrap than the targetline. Targetline reminds me of a bigger bulkier sliver.

I’m not sure if it will work for “stunnin” as I don’t know what that is and I’m sure I do not participate is such activities. You meant stunting right?

Oh, I dress up with my Jupiters now. If I could have most of what I own (that would allow) to have a carbon fiber weave built into it, I certainly would, always found the stuff so cool... They're my lookers, so I indeed meant *stun*, I can't stunt for **** now, I'm feeling my age...

Oh, I dress up with my Jupiters now. If I could have most of what I own (that would allow) to have a carbon fiber weave built into it, I certainly would, always found the stuff so cool... They're my lookers, so I indeed meant *stun*, I can't stunt for **** now, I'm feeling my age...

The jupiter carbon and jupiters lights are underappreciated pairs. Very nice especially for dressing up with style. Which colorway do you have?

The matte black w/CF stems, I even dig the "squared" icon vs the standard oval. I wasn't even aware when the came out, all I know is that I was looking for some cheap clothes at the outlets where a vault used to be out east and then I left with what I think were $260 new shades at the time some 4 or so years back... They're even slightly small for me, but they're too slick to notice.

Back