• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Drilling a hole for Ballistic 3.0 lense

Well I was able to drill the hole for the Ballistic 3.0 frame in a M frame heater lens. I taped the heater frame with masking tape marked the hole with the 3.0 lenses. I used a drill press with a medium speed to drill the hole, after the hole was drilled I could feel a slight edge around the hole so I used a bit about three times larger to chamfer the hole on both sides (i did this by hand). The heater frame fit really tight so I took and exacto knife and trimmed the wings on the heater lens to match the angle of the 3.0 lens. It fits really well and doesn't seem to put too much pressure on the lens or the frame. I'm happy with how it turned out, now to do it on some good heater lenses. Thanks for everyone's suggestions!

Well I was able to drill the hole for the Ballistic 3.0 frame in a M frame heater lens. I taped the heater frame with masking tape marked the hole with the 3.0 lenses. I used a drill press with a medium speed to drill the hole, after the hole was drilled I could feel a slight edge around the hole so I used a bit about three times larger to chamfer the hole on both sides (i did this by hand). The heater frame fit really tight so I took and exacto knife and trimmed the wings on the heater lens to match the angle of the 3.0 lens. It fits really well and doesn't seem to put too much pressure on the lens or the frame. I'm happy with how it turned out, now to do it on some good heater lenses. Thanks for everyone's suggestions!
Nice! Glad that worked out for you

That's great.

Back