• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Driving Sunglasses

Steer clear of polarized lenses for driving! they will distort your vision of LCD displays common in modern cars and will give you a rainbow hue while looking through tinted windows. IMO polarized lenses are best for fishing/beach/snow where glare is extreme.

Steer clear of polarized lenses for driving! they will distort your vision of LCD displays common in modern cars and will give you a rainbow hue while looking through tinted windows. IMO polarized lenses are best for fishing/beach/snow where glare is extreme.

Only my radio display is partially blocked. And cheap tints that look like a purple rainbow with polarized glasses suck anyway.

Polarized is a must for me, especially at this time of year- we'll get 2 inches of snow and the next day the sun will start melting everything. Bright sun + wet roads + snow cover = MUST have polarized. But I personally don't like headaches from glare and not being able to see the pavement.

I'll probably go polarized; here in Toronto we usually have a fair amount of snow for a good 4 months of the year (Excluding this year, almost none).
I think I'm narrowing it down to the Black iridium polarized & the VR28 black iridium polarized, we'll see though!

Back