• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Drop Ball Test Certificate Required by US Customs.

SEAN WAYNE

Linegear-Japan Representative
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
Emerald Isles
Greetings All!
Should you be expecting any sunglasses from countries outside USA and sender used the following private companies( Fed-Ex, TNT, DHL, UPS). Please be aware that your sunglasses /package will be delayed
unless the sender includes the following certificates. Worst it will be returned to sender as US customs has only 5 days to clear the package.Have a nice day!

Q:What is a drop ball test ?
A: Sunglasses and Lenses—Did You Know? | Registrar Corp
Q:Where to download the form?
A:http://www.fedex.com/downloads/cn/tools/clearancedocs/dropballtest.pdf/
* Attached the two certificates below with the downloaded and signed form and stick it to the shipping label.

C75B4255-5287-47E3-A9C3-0922F9CE3799.jpeg

53415C5C-1C32-4BF7-B86D-E2B1E29AD700.jpeg

Last edited:
Greetings All!
Should you be expecting any sunglasses from countries outside USA and sender used the following private companies( Fed-Ex, TNT, DHL, UPS). Please be aware that your sunglasses /package will be delayed
unless the sender includes the following cerificates. Worst it will be returned to sender as US customs has only 5 days to clear the package.Have a nice day!

Q:What is a drop ball test ?
A: Sunglasses and Lenses—Did You Know? | Registrar Corp
Q:Where to download the form?
A:http://www.fedex.com/downloads/cn/tools/clearancedocs/dropballtest.pdf/
* Attached the two certificates below with the downloaded and signed form and stick it to the shipping label.

View attachment 571565

View attachment 571566
What’s your source for this information?

Could it be specific to certain countries only?

What’s your source for this information?

Could it be specific to certain countries only?
I had firsthand experience and four times had used DHL, Fed Ex, TNT, UPS and same certificates were required. Declarations of packages to USA specifying sunglasses contents are all required to have that cert regardless of what country it was sent. Attached as per definition.Hope that helps.

8AD8363D-1484-45B7-961E-9BD64E2C85F9.png

Good to know all those cheap, fake clones flooding in by the shipping container, pass the test...
...if they were made on the 'third shift' then they should pass....

easiest way to bypass the certificate requirement is to declare the item as 'used footwear' on the customs declaration...

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

...if they were made on the 'third shift' then they should pass....

easiest way to bypass the certificate requirement is to declare the item as 'used footwear' on the customs declaration...

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Do they X Ray?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had firsthand experience and four times had used DHL, Fed Ex, TNT, UPS and same certificates were required. Declarations of packages to USA specifying sunglasses contents are all required to have that cert regardless of what country it was sent. Attached as per definition.Hope that helps.

View attachment 571574

This is only supposed to apply to commercial shipments, make sure you mark your packages as "gifts"

This is only supposed to apply to commercial shipments, make sure you mark your packages as "gifts"
I always marked them as gifts and have no commercial value but unfortunately FDA rules applies especially using private couriers. I had argued over this, but still customs insist they need certs. Hope that helps.