• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Drop point prescription

I can double check, not at work now. What's the Rx in question? Do you have photos?

The O engraving makes it easy to tell if lenses are genuine OTD. Now OTD Edge is a little tougher to tell if untrained. But the edges will have a different Rx in the last centimeter or so of periphery. Could look flatter at periphery and look thinner there too.

Last edited:
Send Rx numbers, and PD measurement. I'll check if drop point can come in OTD Edge for higher Rx. I now it's OTD Rx able for lower RXs.. They use a flatter base curve (6) on these.

Last edited:
I can double check, not at work now. What's the Rx in question? Do you have photos?

I engraving makes it easy to tell if otd. Now it's edge is a little tougher to tell if untrained. But the edges will have a different Rx in the last centimeter or so. Could look flatter at periphery and look thinner there.
This guy, he’s just the best!

Thank you very much for your answers. My PD is -6 left and -4 right, I have already checked that prescription glasses are available from Oakley but I do not know which technology Oklay offers for the Drop Point.
I have already the Turbine model with PD -5 left and -3 right for indoor use an I am very happy, so I am looking for curved glasses with higher PD of -6 for outdoor and the OTD Edges make really nice looking glasses in higher PD
Thxs
Oliver

Thank you very much for your answers. My PD is -6 left and -4 right, I have already checked that prescription glasses are available from Oakley but I do not know which technology Oklay offers for the Drop Point.
I have already the Turbine model with PD -5 left and -3 right for indoor use an I am very happy, so I am looking for curved glasses with higher PD of -6 for outdoor and the OTD Edges make really nice looking glasses in higher PD
Thxs
Oliver
Ok, the Drop Point goes up to a total power max of -6.00... your P.D. is a measurement, in millimeters, of the distance between your pupils. Long story short is the RX as you wrote it Will be Oakley true Digital Edge II lenses! For the drop point. I believe above -4.00 or above -4.50 becomes edge technology.

Your PD, if over 31.0/ eye, or total of 62.0mm should work great in that frame! I think minimum PD is 30.0/ eye or 60.0 total.

The only thing is, if your Sphere power is -6.00 you can't have any cylinder power in your script. Max power is -6.00

Example RX
-6.00 -1.00 090 (total power -7.00 won't work)
-6.00 -0.25 180 (total power -6.25 won't work).
-6.00DS
And
-6.00 Sph
These will work. Or less like -5.00

Perfect, thank you for your detailed answer
my exact data is:
-4.00 +1.00 115
-6.00. +0.25 155
PD 64
so that should work with the Oakley glasses, i am very glad :)
thxs
Oliver
@ attached a photo of my current Turbine which works great

162F7163-CED0-434A-9E83-125285B7241E.jpeg

Back