• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Ducati Juliet are all serialized or labeled?

rmontez

I am Jim Jannard...
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
Wisconsin
Picked up a pair of Ducati Juliets tonight. I have no doubt they are authentic but they do not have a serial or item number on the ear stem. The lenses have Ducati imprinted on it but IDK if someone just got the lens and put them in in a pair of carbon frames? Thanks.

Yeah the 4th gen (maybe 3rd) after the serial ones, but before the sku ones had nothing. Its basically a carbon frame with Duc lenses and rubbers. Same could be achieved on your own and there would be no way to tell.

In that case, having a matching box helps support their authenticity though that isn't 100%. And not having a matching box, though it increases the likelihood they're clones, is no guarantee, either.

The Ducati etching helps see if they are authentic tho... Not like it's easy to just get etched Ducati lenses to throw in a carbon frame.

With carbon Ducatis, you have serial pairs, pairs with nothing at all on the arms and pairs with SKU on. So unmarked pairs are nothing to worry about, just pay accordingly - the premium over a normal carbon pair shouldn't be enormous for Ducatis anyway. Box-wise, there are two-piece and three-piece ones, picture labels and barcode labels. All a bit of a crap shoot really but it is a nice combination.

I have a similar pair and believe they are authentic. Have to say mine are not the best example due to the condition of the box, the frame, lenses and rubber are OK. Unfortunately, I bought it in the early days when if cought the X-Metal fever and was a little less knowledgeable.

In some ways the serialized/SKU ones do have an advantage as they definitely take the clone (although it would probably cost more to make on of parts) out of the equation.

I believe the serialised Carbon Ducati may have been a Japan release. There are so many unserialised pairs out there that I highly doubt the pair in question is a fake, unless there are the usual tell tale signs.

I believe the serialised Carbon Ducati may have been a Japan release. There are so many unserialised pairs out there that I highly doubt the pair in question is a fake, unless there are the usual tell tale signs.
I believe there were 2 releases of those, a five digit serial and 6 digit serial (DUCATIxxxxx & DUCATIxxxxxx) I have had a pair of each (still have DUCATI00015)

I believe there were 2 releases of those, a five digit serial and 6 digit serial (DUCATIxxxxx & DUCATIxxxxxx) I have had a pair of each (still have DUCATI00015)
That could most likely just class as a number extension as a suffix was not added.

To the OP, what all this should teach you is that Oakley adheres to no strict model. There is sometimes no rhyme or reason to what they do.