• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Ducati Juliet - Help Me Determine What All Is Included

Ryan_C

Oakley Expert
IN
So some of the Ducati items have grabbed my attention lately. I have been noticing different dust bags and other little differences in some of the Ducati items that supposedly come with a Juliet.

I purchased what I thought was a Ducati Juliet around 4 years ago. Did not come with box, did come with plain dust bag and red ear socks and red temple inserts. Came with Black Iridium lenses without DUCATI etched in the left lens. Frame color appears to be Carbon. There is no serial number on ear stem, and no sku/part number on either ear stem. Nothing is printed on either ear stem. Can I get some insight on what I have?

I have seen in different eBay auctions different dust bags, as well as a recent one sporting a X-Metal color frame with a serial of DUCATI001954. Carbon frames are also seen This seems authentic to me, but can someone give us a full breakdown of how the Juliet was made available in the Ducati colorway from start to finish?

Thanks for reading, and hopefully this can be resourceful even if my questions weren't answered.

X-metal frames all had serial numbers. The first carbon ones did as well. Then I think they switched to the SKU. I don't think they releases any with nothing on the ear stem. I think a lot of the Ducati Juliet's on Ebay are just regular frames that someone bought the lenses for.

My Ducati Juliet has the Sku# on the left ear stem along with the sizing info. Also has "Ducati" etched on the left lenses. The Microfiber bag is also Ducati themed. Plain black with a tag that says Ducati on one side with the logo, and the other side i think says HDO or Oakley. The box and coin are no different from the regular Juliet boxes, other than the label that indicates it's a Ducati Juliet. I think the box does include a Ducati mini poster. Not sure on this as i'm not home to check.

To the OP: sounds like you got a generic carbon frame with red earsocks and temple shocks.

Juliet - Carbon - Black 12-673 DUCATI. Came with Ducati rider X Metal box + coin, black microbag with 'red tag with white script' at the end of the bag, Ducati fold out leaflet 70N762. The glass; frame is void of any figures, red ear and temple pieces, black nose piece, with spares in same colour for nose and temple of different size, left eye DUCATI etched. The same pair has a serial number only as a Japan release. This piece was later reissued among the 2009 releases in the larger boxes, with part code 04-159, however I can't make detailed comments about that later pair as I only have the original.

Juliet - Carbon - Black 12-673 DUCATI. Came with Ducati rider X Metal box + coin, black microbag with 'red tag with white script' at the end of the bag, Ducati fold out leaflet 70N762. The glass; frame is void of any figures, red ear and temple pieces, black nose piece, with spares in same colour for nose and temple of different size, left eye DUCATI etched. The same pair has a serial number only as a Japan release. This piece was later reissued among the 2009 releases in the larger boxes, with part code 04-159, however I can't make detailed comments about that later pair as I only have the original.

Ok, ignore what I said. I was wrong, they might have nothing on the arm.

based on your description, i'm with the others that its just a carbon frame with red earsocks and temple shocks. ducati juliets would always have ducati etched on the left eye lens. i have the one with 12-673 sku (non hydrophobic lenses version) and it came with all the stuff RVF mentioned in his post. i think the 04-159 is the later version with hydrophobic lenses.

Back