• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Ducati Monster Dog Real Or Fake?

Dan gleeballs

Oakley Beginner
Gloucester
Hi guys my mother inlaw has just asked if the monster dogs she has come across is real!
It looks good to me as, but the paint is coming off the icon(metal underneath). I'm normally hot on this stuff but just not sure! What do you think.Sorry no pics

Yep, MD icons have a metal plate with a blue plasic part underneath

not all dogs have a metal shell on a blue icon base. Some are clear and some are red (bases), but they all have the chrome shell (or silver and gold matte). colored paint comes off to reveal chrome underneath. Without Pics, hard to tell what is real or not. I believe all Ducati were on 2nd gen frames with cam hinges and had the lettering inside on the stems where the gen 1 are smooth

All my MD Duc frames have had the cam hinge set up & all say Monster Dog on the left hand arm. I've also bought a beater pair & the red coating was coming off one of the Icons too. But like the others have said we need pics to confirm anything for you.

basically though, unless it has the specific SKU printed on it, it really doesn't matter because it could be a custom that has red icons. Of course, if the lenses are ducati, that's another plus haha

Yep as The Doc says any gloss black frame with the metalic red Icon could be seen as a Ducati frame but its the Inscription on the left lens that makes them so. If they'd put the Corse badge on the inside of the arm like they did other Duc frames then that would have set them apart.