• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

E3 Conference

I'm still getting an xboxONE. I don't see how $499 is "too much". Apple sells the 16 GB iPad for the same price and they move like hot cakes

I'm still getting an xboxONE. I don't see how $499 is "too much". Apple sells the 16 GB iPad for the same price and they move like hot cakes

The ipad is also reliable. Unlike the previous model of xbox.

I'm very much on the fence with Xbox 1. The initial price is higher than PS4, however if there are only a couple games I would even play as compared to Xbox then it would be a bigger waste of money long-term since I just wouldn't use it as much. The always on thing I think is being made out to be a bigger issue then most realize. If you have a 360 now, realistically how many times are you NOT signed into your LIVE account even if you are not playing multi-player? For me, none, it is always on just out of habit. Need current downloads for game, it's on, watching netflix, it's on, etc. The only true gripe I have is the ability to play a used game because that eliminates the market for trade-in or selling outright if I am not happy or just no longer interested in that game.

Seen this on facebook, not sure about the truth in it

3yve8utu.jpg

I don't buy new games. I buy them months or years after they're released in most cases so that I'm only paying $20-40 a title.

Well, new games like GTA and Assassin's Creed that I'm genuinely excited about I ran out and bought within a week, but games I just kind of want to play? Like Bioshock Infinite - I bought it a few weeks ago for $40 used.

I've heard EA is dropping their Online Pass that kills the game's used value. I think more developers are seeing their money come through on DLC when they sell things like the Season Pass for as much as the game. They know gamers won't stick with the game for very long, so there's a huge marketing strategy to get all of the money up front. I don't think it saves the consumer any money unless they're religiously downloading DLC (car games that release a ton of track and car packs might be worth it?)

As far as which console to buy? As mentioned earlier the #1 reason I'm still with Xbox is their controller. I haven't liked the PS controller since the OG console. Well, no, the Dual Shock controller killed it for me. The sticks are too loose, the position is too low, the transition to the shoulder buttons is too absurd. If they updated their controller to be more Xbox-like I'd honestly have to take a long hard look and make a reasoned decision. Right now I'm sticking with the 360 and having fun playing single player games.

Seen this on facebook, not sure about the truth in it

3yve8utu.jpg
1. Sharing Games, Your friend must have been a friend for like 30 days min. ( I might be off a few days)
2. It is always connected, XBOX One, but alot of game contect will not be able to be played without it online
3. The USED Game market WILL be crushed the way they have it all set up. Discussion about GameStop and others possibly going out of business due to the ways games will be marketed, and NOT able to be resold and have other users. THIS is to stop pirating mostly, but each game will be registered to the initial user.

Back