• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Early M frame nosepiece???

HowardC

Oakley Beginner
I have a pair of M frame SI. I ordered a new lens and the nose piece does not interchange. The original lens had a "C" where the nose piece snapped into and the new lens has only an indentation I'll call it so the orignal nose piece can't snap in or stay attached to the lens in any way.
I don't mind purchasing a new nose piece IF they are available and IF I can get one that will be compatible with this new style lens.
Any help is appreciated.

I'm not sure where the "early" part comes in - but as far as I know M Frame lenses should come with a nosepiece. Call customer service.

Can you post a picture of the new lens?

Maybe it's a M frame VS Ballistic M frame (2.0 or 3.0) issue?
From the 2.0/3.0 comparo;

"The 3.0 nosepiece is harder rubber and plastic, so hopefully it will stand up to prolonged use better before separating or getting sticky. We'll see how it handles sweat, but I'm sure they thought of that. Thankfully they've done away with the need to use the lugs on the lens to clip the nosepiece in place. The harder plastic is still as difficult to remove, but there's much less stress on the lens. The lens has been reinforced at the lugs and can still accept the previous gen ballistic nose piece with the clips, but the 3.0 nosepiece is not backwards compatible."

So if he got the newer lens (which don't seem to be consistent as I have several Agro with the clip-in nose) his old nose piece should fit.

But lenses should come with nosepieces.

I think Oakley has a SI unobtanium replacement kit on their website. You can try ordering that.
I know what you mean by the nosepiece I think, but I am not home to check my pairs and confirm.

I looked at a post here to get an idea of the vintage of these M frames. It seems like they are the first pair that were hinged? I think the article stated that these were first released in 2006. They are plain frames with no bulges etc on the plastic but they have a clip in the center of the frame that clips into a hole in the original lens and this was done in order to comply with mil regs.
The lenses are from Revant. I hope this helps and thanks for the replies.

I looked at a post here to get an idea of the vintage of these M frames. It seems like they are the first pair that were hinged? I think the article stated that these were first released in 2006. They are plain frames with no bulges etc on the plastic but they have a clip in the center of the frame that clips into a hole in the original lens and this was done in order to comply with mil regs.
The lenses are from Revant. I hope this helps and thanks for the replies.
So they're ballistic M frames... either 2.0 or 3.0 ... I think a glaring difference is the lack of earsocks in the 3.0

@Rustpot

So the question is, didja buy a nose price for a ballistic M frame? Or for a regular M frame?

Regardless of the frame, you bought an aftermarket lens, which explains a few things.

Oakley.com still sells standard M Frame rubber kits. That nose should work.

So they're ballistic M frames... either 2.0 or 3.0 ... I think a glaring difference is the lack of earsocks in the 3.0

@Rustpot

So the question is, didja buy a nose price for a ballistic M frame? Or for a regular M frame?

I have not purchased any type of nosepiece as of yet. I am waiting until I know I am getting the correct version. I still don't know how to be sure of this.

Regardless of the frame, you bought an aftermarket lens, which explains a few things.

Oakley.com still sells standard M Frame rubber kits. That nose should work.

What are the "few things" that are explained regarding the purchase of an after market lens? Is this forum for Oakley OEM merchandise only?
I looked at the Oakley site and the nosepiece kit is on backorder. In addition I guess I'll have to contact them to make sure the kit is compatible with the frame I have.

Latest Posts

Back