• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Earsock Kits For The Split Jacket And Fast Jacket

SpliceD

Pronounced, "Spliced"
Los Angeles, CA
I guess this can count as a recent purchase :) Just picked up the earsocks from the Glendale Galleria Mall O-Store (California)

Fast Jaket - The color matches very well. I'm very happy with how well the red kit works with the frame.

Split Jacket - While the blue earsocks match the thru-bolt, the "O" is a bit lighter... more metallic looking. I think it didn't stand out as much before. It looks ok in pictures, but in person it looks a bit off. I might have to get used to it. Thinking about returning the ear-socks though. Not 100% what i expected.

Last edited by a moderator:
DAMN......The white with blue is AWESOME.. Post a pix from the side showing the difference. Use natural light. I love that combo!!!!

Yeah the blue on the icon on the Split Jacket is different from the thru bolt. I've been toying with the idea of switching the white earsocks out for the blue as well. I also want to see if I can get the vented Jade Iridium lenses for them. Wonder if they will go well with the blue thru bolt and icon as the jade does show off some blue/purple along with the green.

I was cleaning my Split Jacket the other night and accidentally ripped some of the rubber strip off of the lens housing on the frame. :(

Ok, here's some pics of what i think more represents the true color of the icons vs thru bolts vs earsocks

If you can tell, the icon has a lighter blue from the rest of the blues. Like i said i'm not 100% happy with it, but at the same time if i'm not looking for it and while wearing it in bright sun, the colors do blend together. It just depends on the lighting at any given moment. Still, i wish they matched better. I'm still not sure if i'll keep the blue ear socks.

Last edited by a moderator:
The blue earsocks scream Dodgers to me. LOL

I think part of the reason why it looks off is because with the addition of the blue earsocks that match the thru bolt, the icon's different color gets amplified.

Back