• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Earsocks and Lenses - Older Wire Oakleys

oneBigDixon

Oakley Expert
Charlotte, NC
So I know that Oakley isn't making the earsock/nose piece kits anymore for the older A, E, C and T wires, but...I have two pairs that I need to get a pair of earsocks for. I have tried two different "random" brands and they are loose. Like, I don't like how lose they are. I heard that letting them sit on the glasses undisturbed for a few days will help, but the replacement socks on my old Whiskers is still spinning around like a top. I'm not looking for perfection, just "better than what I ended up with". Any solid leads on 3rd party vendors selling quality socks?

Now, I have used Revant replacement lenses in a pair of Gauge 8's that I pulled "le bonehead maneuver" in. I'll spare you the details, but...they actually aren't bad lenses, at least to me. But, now I'm seeking replacement lenses for two pair of older glasses. I've seen a lot of good reviews relating to Fuse, and they even have a cautionary statement about "know what A Wires you have...". Any other recommendations? I'm still too "young" on the forum to cruise around the Exchange section, and honestly...these are older "in decent shape for their age" glasses, not anything highly collectible, so 3rd party is fine w/ me.

The pairs....
1.) A Wire 2.0, Platinum, Gold Iridium (up for color changes on the lenses and earsocks)
2.) Whisker 1.0, Black, Black Iridium (keeping it real...)

Any input is (as always) greatly appreciated.

So I know that Oakley isn't making the earsock/nose piece kits anymore for the older A, E, C and T wires, but...I have two pairs that I need to get a pair of earsocks for. I have tried two different "random" brands and they are loose. Like, I don't like how lose they are. I heard that letting them sit on the glasses undisturbed for a few days will help, but the replacement socks on my old Whiskers is still spinning around like a top. I'm not looking for perfection, just "better than what I ended up with". Any solid leads on 3rd party vendors selling quality socks?

Now, I have used Revant replacement lenses in a pair of Gauge 8's that I pulled "le bonehead maneuver" in. I'll spare you the details, but...they actually aren't bad lenses, at least to me. But, now I'm seeking replacement lenses for two pair of older glasses. I've seen a lot of good reviews relating to Fuse, and they even have a cautionary statement about "know what A Wires you have...". Any other recommendations? I'm still too "young" on the forum to cruise around the Exchange section, and honestly...these are older "in decent shape for their age" glasses, not anything highly collectible, so 3rd party is fine w/ me.

The pairs....
1.) A Wire 2.0, Platinum, Gold Iridium (up for color changes on the lenses and earsocks)
2.) Whisker 1.0, Black, Black Iridium (keeping it real...)

Any input is (as always) greatly appreciated.
Have you tried Aliexpress.com? They're in China - Chinese made probably, but reasonable prices.

I’ve had reasonable luck with GalaxyLens socks:
A thin dusting of the Wife’s hairspray not only eases installation, but also dries and sticks the ear sock in place. (Old BMX grip trick). :biggrin:

Latest Posts

Back