• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Easiest Way To Remove Earsocks?

Yes I was wondering about the temple socks. I just ordered my Flak jackets from my eye doctor today, its gonna be about 2 weeks before I get them. Sorry guys, should have mentioned that. I didn't realize that they pop of. Im trying to learn about them before I get them. I think I'm gonna order the different color socks, thats why I was asking. Thanks for replying!

Well, this thread was talking about removing them from x-metal frames specifically (hence in the x-metal discussion forum). I think the same stuff should work with o-matter frames but I've never tried it myself. Hope you enjoy them!

Oh ok, I just watched a video, a guy was showing how to do it. He took the stem of and slid the t-sock of that way.

use compressed air in a blowgun, the rubber will expand and slide off without tearing or swelling....but if you don't have air......purell works best

A can of compressed air w/nozzle to get them off, hairspray to get them on. Hairspray has the alcohol to slide them on super easy. Don’t waste time, it evaporates quickly. It will leave a tacky residue that will hold the sock in place. This is also how bike handlebar grips are removed and installed, although most are lock-on these days.

B7953A7F-BFF7-41D2-A4BD-9FE58841FB20.jpeg

Back