• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Easy LED conversion for Spline case w/o an AC -> DC conversion ($17 total)

Yeah green is the ground; it's a safety thing but not required to make the circuit work.

The white is the hot line and the black is the neutral. Because it's AC, in most cases it'll still work if you get them backwards, but that's also not safe - if you do them backwards, the light socket will still be energized when the light's off and can be a shock hazard when changing bulbs. You can test it with your voltage tester by seeing if there's voltage at the light socket when the light's off.

Really? Everywhere I've read said that the Black is the hot line and that's how I have it setup. Unfortunately, I can't test the turn off method because the power button is missing a component and doesn't work. So I just plug and unplug if I need to turn off and on.

Really? Everywhere I've read said that the Black is the hot line and that's how I have it setup. Unfortunately, I can't test the turn off method because the power button is missing a component and doesn't work. So I just plug and unplug if I need to turn off and on.

Yeah you're right, black is the hot line, I got them mixed up while typing the earlier post. Fixed it.

But if you're using the wall plug to power on/off then it's moot.

Yeah you're right, black is the hot line, I got them mixed up while typing the earlier post. Fixed it.

But if you're using the wall plug to power on/off then it's moot.

Phew, I got scared for a second, worried about getting shocked. lol. I have the display connected to wireless remote plug thingy now, so it's wireless on/off. hehe.

Thanks again for your clarification. Here's a picture of my display...I need to get whiter bulbs on the bottom though.

IMG_0682_zpsrymgo8zk.jpg

Back