• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

EBay: 24K X-Squared

Mickle

Oakley Expert
Australia, NSW
I'm planning on buying a pair of 24K X-Squared as my first purchase for the year (as mentioned in the X-Metal Exchange section of the forum).

I've notice quite a few pairs of these on eBay recently that are etched with SAMPLE instead of a serial number. From my understanding, these are still legit pairs that are made for Oakley reps and promotional use.

What are your guy's opinions on these? Should I buy one of these or just pay the extra and get a serialized, complete BNIB pair?

I would go with the complete BNIB on these, I have seen the same auctions you are looking at and they have been on there for weeks now, It just seems really odd to me that this seller has like 100 pair of samples?!? Just My opinion I would stay away!

i inquired with that seller once. he is noypi like most of us here. he says that he has a friend that works at oakley head quarters who hooks him up. you likes to customize a lot.

I was considering these for a while, but decided to go with a pair from the O web site (yes, they are available for purchase again, right now). If this is a limited edition of 750 pieces, a sample unit wouldn't have nearly the resale value of a legit pair...unless you can dupe someone on eBay too. But really, the fact that the guy has tons of these for sale makes me suspicious that his "friend at Oakley" is actually a friend at the Faukley factory in Malasia :laugh: Seriously, could he possibly have gotten every single demo unit ever produced?

Besides, most of the pairs bmcaps is selling go for $350-$400, so why not just get the real thing for $450 while you can?

I look at a lot of his stuff and I personally think he is legit. I don't agree with his pricing but he has some very nice pieces. He is selling an infinite hero juliet on there on a carbon frame. Gorgeous, but not for $450! I know a person who has a hookup at HQ that makes a lot of customs like his as well and can get his hands on stuff that most of us can't.

Yea but how does he have like 50-10" pair of 24k samples if there only making 750 of the real deal? It doesn't make sense?

Yea but how does he have like 50-10" pair of 24k samples if there only making 750 of the real deal? It doesn't make sense?

Who knows, but there are some people out there with serious connections. It makes me wonder as well but I highly doubt this guy sells fakes. Knowing Oakleys reputation, who knows how many pairs there are of anything? Stuff is always up in the air and we are left in the dark sometimes.

Latest Posts

Back