• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Ebay Buyer "voplexy" Avoid!

Ian

Oakley Enthusiast
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
Ebay buyer voplexy, given name Vicente de Oliveira Pinto Levy, from Brazil, initiated a payment dispute with his bank and eBay when items sold were enroute. Even though I followed every bit of advice on this forum, the buyer and I had 20+ communications back and forth to verify information, shipping updates, and the like, eBay still sided with the buyer and would only resolve the payment dispute if the buyer called it off or I could provide proof of delivery. The package could not be delivered before the payment dispute response date due to customs, so I had little recourse. The buyer was going to get the glasses and all his money back.

Luckily, I was able to stop the delivery through the shipping service before it got to the buyer. I told him that I would happily release the shipment upon resolution of the payment dispute, or that I would give him a full refund and have the item shipped back to me. Even though it will come back to me, I'm out hundreds of dollars due to shipping and eBay fees.

He demanded that I release the shipment, regardless. The next course of this type of scam is that if you can provide proof of delivery, they would claim that the item was broken or did not match the description provided. The buyer would still get the item and all their money back, at the seller's expense.

Please be aware of this type of scam, and only ship internationally if you can use a single provider, ie UPS/FedEx, that will handle the package from start to finish. This will avoid any handoffs between, say USPS and Brazil's, mail services, which decreases chances of a scam taking place and carriers not accepting responsibility.

Back