• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

EBay Fake Frogskins Sellers List

Keep a lookout for Grenade Fade Frogskins popping up in the next month or so, just a quick heads up, may well be quite a few 'fakes' popping up in auctions.

What's the scoop on these?

I was given a heads up about a batch of these probably headed towards eBay, 1:1 copies. I don't work for Oakley anymore but I was chatting to an ex colleague last week who has taken up the fight against counterfeit products that I used to be part responsible for (often failing to stem a tidal wave).

Nothing more at the moment other than it's one specific model and I would just be wary for the time being of adding it to the collection if you don't want to risk adding in a 'fake', albeit a very good one. It's no specific seller, quite a lot of people will end up getting their hands on these and possibly listing them as a genuine mistake.

Nothing more at the moment other than it's one specific model and I would just be wary for the time being of adding it to the collection if you don't want to risk adding in a 'fake', albeit a very good one. It's no specific seller, quite a lot of people will end up getting their hands on these and possibly listing them as a genuine mistake.
Quite a shame we have to deal with people who do this. But, any time there is a nice product, someone tries to replicate it. I guess that's a good and bad thing then for Oakley.

Quite a shame we have to deal with people who do this. But, any time there is a nice product, someone tries to replicate it. I guess that's a good and bad thing then for Oakley.

As ever with Oakley post 2007, it's a little more complicated than someone simply copying the product. I guess this is part of the problem of moving a lot of production to China.

I'll keep an eye out browsing eBay and will flag up anything I see Re: frogs

Hi, it's my first time buying frogskins from ebay. Bought polished black frogskins from seller drbubbleeye. He sells a lot of oakleys. Im just needing to know if they are legit. They seem flimsy but thats just me because I havent owned one before. Please see the photos.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Hi, it's my first time buying frogskins from ebay. Bought polished black frogskins from seller drbubbleeye. He sells a lot of oakleys. Im just needing to know if they are legit. They seem flimsy but thats just me because I havent owned one before. Please see the photos.

View attachment 151468

View attachment 151469

View attachment 151470

View attachment 151471

It´s legit. The Seller is very trustful, I bought several things from the Bay from him. You can trust him that he´s not selling fakes

Latest Posts

Back