• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

EBay Fake Frogskins Sellers List

Is sunglass-one on eBay legit?

I bought these from them but I am a bit suspect:

NEW* Oakley Frogskins Acid PINK w POLARIZED VIOLET Iridium Sunglass 9013

Mainly because the cloth bag is black and the box says the lenses are black (replaced with aftermarket lenses?). Also no "Made in x" on the inner sides. Do not think these are polarized as well as they seem not to block out the sun as well as my other polarized lens sunglasses. Maybe these are discounted warranty replacements?

I took some pictures of what I got: Frog

Last edited:
Is sunglass-one on eBay legit?

I bought these from them but I am a bit suspect:

NEW* Oakley Frogskins Acid PINK w POLARIZED VIOLET Iridium Sunglass 9013

Mainly because the cloth bag is black and the box says the lenses are black (replaced with aftermarket lenses?). Also no "Made in x" on the inner sides. Do not think these are polarized as well as they seem not to block out the sun as well as my other polarized lens sunglasses. Maybe these are discounted warranty replacements?

I took some pictures of what I got: Frog
Easy way to tell if glasses are polarized is to hold them up to your laptop/phone screen and turn the glasses. If the screen turns dark when you look through them then you know they're polarized.

Easy way to tell if glasses are polarized is to hold them up to your laptop/phone screen and turn the glasses. If the screen turns dark when you look through them then you know they're polarized.
Hmm. The screen turns dark but the yellow on the forum quotes is more bright than my other polarized lens. The eBay lens also give me a slight rainbow effect when looking at my phone while my other ones don't. Does the color of the lens matter?

Hmm. The screen turns dark but the yellow on the forum quotes is more bright than my other polarized lens. The eBay lens also give me a slight rainbow effect when looking at my phone while my other ones don't. Does the color of the lens matter?
IMG_2224.JPG
Is this the "rainbow" effect you are referring to? If so, then yes this common with polarized lenses. As for different lens colors giving different levels of protection from light, yes I believe the color of the lens does play a hand in that. I could be wrong though, maybe a more experienced forum member has the correct answer???

View attachment 372123
Is this the "rainbow" effect you are referring to? If so, then yes this common with polarized lenses. As for different lens colors giving different levels of protection from light, yes I believe the color of the lens does play a hand in that. I could be wrong though, maybe a more experienced forum member has the correct answer???
My phone looks like a holographic trading card. Only on my phone though, none of that affect on my computer screen. But probably cause my phone has a AMOLED screen.

Ah there it is. Yup, that rests my concerns about the lenses.

Now, are the frames legit? Hope so, he has the acid orange ones I want too lol.

My phone looks like a holographic trading card. Only on my phone though, none of that affect on my computer screen. But probably cause my phone has a AMOLED screen.

Ah there it is. Yup, that rests my concerns about the lenses.

Now, are the frames legit? Hope so, he has the acid orange ones I want too lol.
As for the frames, there should be a SKU# on the left ear stem of the glasses that has 24-257. I don't see one in the pictures you provided...

Back