• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

eBay - For refund, make sure you report within 30 days of estimated arrival

cacatman

No one knows 'cacat' like cacatman!!
Staff member
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
Just a heads up. Most of you probably know this already....but I didn't.

To get a refund, you must report an "undelivered" item under 30 days from the estimated date of delivery.

Haven't used eBay for a couple of years until recently, so found this out the hard way. I thought that you could apply for a refund via PayPal if you lodged a complaint within 6 months of purchase.

Hope you have a seller that can square things with you, if he/she is the only one that can file a claim for lost mail with the carrier.

Hope you have a seller that can square things with you, if he/she is the only one that can file a claim for lost mail with the carrier.
I’ve written politely to them, but I won’t hold my breath. It wasn’t super expensive anyhow. Just thought I’d share my experience.

Cost is irrelevant. I sell as well, and I'm the type that believes the buyers satisfaction is number one. I hope something works out with this. Like better-late-than-never mail. Or seller having your back. GL sir.

As far as the subject matter of ebay. I know about that one month thing in which to file a claim, and I'm usually more patient than that. I've had mail come in later than a month. And each time I filed a claim before the one month deadline. But I'll let the sellers know that I'll give them more time, and they don't have to do anything but cross fingers the mail comes in. Ebay will let buyers and sellers try work things out amongst themselves. So money doesn't have to be exchanged right away, even though a claim has been filed. I'll wait about two months before asking for money back.

Just a heads up. Most of you probably know this already....but I didn't.

To get a refund, you must report an "undelivered" item under 30 days from the estimated date of delivery.

Haven't used eBay for a couple of years until recently, so found this out the hard way. I thought that you could apply for a refund via PayPal if you lodged a complaint within 6 months of purchase.
I would email eBay customer service and say you were waiting longer due to covid, they should accommodate you. Also, contact your credit card and report the transaction as item not received.

On another note, you have a limited time to give feedback as well (I believe 60 days, don’t quote me), so keep that in mind.

I would email eBay customer service and say you were waiting longer due to covid, they should accommodate you. Also, contact your credit card and report the transaction as item not received.

On another note, you have a limited time to give feedback as well (I believe 60 days, don’t quote me), so keep that in mind.
I wrote to them directly as well. Before negative feedback, I’ll wait to see what they say. Also, I didn’t use credit card with PayPal, so can’t use that road, unfortunately.

I wrote to them directly as well. Before negative feedback, I’ll wait to see what they say. Also, I didn’t use credit card with PayPal, so can’t use that road, unfortunately.
Stop being so financially responsible and not using your credit card! Lol

So eBay and PayPal continue to go separate ways....... if you buy stuff with PayPal (not on ebay) there is still 180 days to open a dispute, right?

stupid move by eBay by the way, shipped items can easily be delayed way more than 30 days....... covid and laziness have really slowed down postal services all over the world

So eBay and PayPal continue to go separate ways....... if you buy stuff with PayPal (not on ebay) there is still 180 days to open a dispute, right?

stupid move by eBay by the way, shipped items can easily be delayed way more than 30 days....... covid and laziness have really slowed down postal services all over the world
Just checked, PayPal is still 180 days. For eBay It’s apparently 30 days after estimated delivery date. Yea, they’re playing games, definitely use a credit card.

Back