• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

EBay - Home Of The Scalpers And Cutthroats

Batwolf

Double Team
Premium Member
Portland, OR
Recently I've gotten into Blades and Razor Blades. I've tried finding stuff on here but it seemed scarce, so I started making my way on eBay. First thing I noticed were the prices. Some were decently low while others were insanely high, there was no in between. For example, Neon Yellow with Fire always seems to be listed at $300+, mind you this is the 2005 edition that was $100 when released. Almost every other color from the re-releases sells around $120 on a good day.

As far as the original vintage stuff goes, same thing happened. To give you an idea, I missed out on a mint condition Black with Grey Blade for $75 shipped. After that I could only find ones listed for $200+. Anytime a good deal comes around it is gone in minutes. Today is a perfect example. I searched for the usual Blade stuff. I found a set of Neon Yellow stems, both shapes for $45 shipped. I went to check my PayPal balance, came back and they were gone. The lowest I had ever seen them sell for previously was $100+. It seems I am too slow for eBay, home of the people with deep pockets and fast clicks.

In short, f**k eBay! You've made it impossible for a regular person to buy anything at a decent price and leave us with scalpers trying to get triple the realistic price of an item.

I can smell ya on that one Batwolf. A month or two back, I picked up some Mag Fours for just under $50. The vendor had several pairs, which finally ran out. The cheapest pair on eBay today is $109. Did these glasses really appreciate by $60 in a few months. I think not.

thats why you gotta link your bank acct to paypal, so it matters not whether you have balance in your paypal acct haha!

well for example i was reallly lucky about a year back, i hopped on ebay and there they were, as new condition romeo1 xmetal black iridium, no box, $250 bin. safe to say it was 30 seconds spent briefly zipping thru the description, and SNAPPED it up within the minute. sure its a risk without the seller background check, but paypal covers buyers pretty well.

you dont find those deals anymore.. :s

I must be the only person still patient enough to snag good deals on Ebay then. They are still out there.

But yeah, fk Ebay.

:biggrin:

I must be the only person still patient enough to snag good deals on Ebay then. They are still out there.

But yeah, fk Ebay.

:biggrin:

Nope, not the only one... I still buy 5-10 pairs a month from the bay at decent to score prices...
Like you said you have to be patient.... Just got a score last week and it arrived yesterday, Very Happy...

I just picked up something yesterday that I was pretty happy about. Original vintage Blade Matte Black with both styles of stems, original bag, Grey and Yellow lenses for $90 shipped. Very pleased with that score.

Last edited by a moderator:
I got a pair a few months back off the bay. Blue with grey stems and 2 lenses. It also came with the original box. Also had the same bag that you show. I got them for $65 shipped. Felt pretty good about that one. The deals are there from time to time.

Latest Posts

Back