• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

eBay horror story

• Thread starter Sc'O'user
  • Start date
Thanks for the info buddy 👍
I'm so glad to hear it all worked out. Id imagine if something was actually lost the buyer would approach you as the seller first to see if something could be worked out..not going immediately to the resolution center on ebay and filing a claim right away. Thats just sayin "I want somethin for nothin.. so best have a quick refund even if it does come." What a jerk. As u know we spoke about this throughout and I'm super happy to hear u got your funds returned. Super lucky in my opinion. Moving forward definitely stay away from Asia using the regular postal service...There are tons a wonderful people there and they deserve to have what's available but in these times its so risky to send anything through any postal service. However dhl seems to do great if the buyer there is willing to pay. Congratulations on the outcome. U are one of those people that deserved that outcome for sure my friend. Ive not been so lucky in the past.

Cheers Brian, I've appreciated your support throughout my friend 😍 after after giving it some thought I will ship to Asia in future but will only be shipping through the likes of DHL like you say 👍 it isn't fair on those good people to miss out because of the minority who can't be trusted.

Cheers Brian, I've appreciated your support throughout my friend 😍 after after giving it some thought I will ship to Asia in future but will only be shipping through the likes of DHL like you say 👍 it isn't fair on those good people to miss out because of the minority who can't be trusted.
I grew up in the Philippines but moved to the US and i would NEVER ship anything to the Philippines. N E V E R because it might just get stolen in customs

I bought some Dillon's on eBay but after almost 1 month and no delivery I contacted seller and eBay, got my money back.
2 weeks after this they surprisingly appeared lol. I contacted the seller, who again thanked me and contacted eBay but was no help to get really.
They told him to send an invoice to me only, he did not have any PayPal info so we had to write without @. and split up the email address or it got flagged.
Turns out that a seller who has refunded is quite screwed if the buyer is dishonest and does not bother to repay if the goods shows up.

Last edited:
I bought some Dillon's on eBay but after almost 1 month and no delivery I contacted seller and eBay, got my money back.
2 weeks after this they surprisingly appeared lol. I contacted the seller, who again thanked me and contacted eBay but was no help to get really.
They asked him to send an invoice to me only, he did not have any PayPal info so we had to write without @. and split up the email address or it got flagged.
Turns out that a seller who has refunded is quite screwed if the buyer is dishonest and does not bother to repay if the goods shows up.
Well done my friend for being an honest buyer, you really need to be applauded for getting back in touch with the seller to make payment, not many people would do that. I'm glad it all worked out for both of you 👍😁

Got one better for you... Sent a guy in Hawaii a pair of J's with new deep water prizm lenses and he claimed them to not be authentic so when I get the box back there is a knife and a spoon in the box. I was on the phone with Ebay for several calls during which one I was told "it is just the way business is", "good businessmen take a loss now and then", and "I should initiate the refund anyway". I CANNOT MAKE THIS UP! My last call with with a nicer and smarter lady who figured out I was being ripped off. They covered the refund so he got his money back but left my money alone in the end. So the ending could have been worse. But to be told that stuff???

So I use the global shipping program for international shipments and as I understand it I am responsible to get it to Kentucky where Ebay processes it and takes over. I refuse international shipments being done any other way. So far I have never had any issue and once it hit Kentucky as delivered I never heard another thing.

Shocking mate, glad it worked out for you in the end but you may want to initiate a complaint with eBay about the rep you spoke to 😠 that's an absolutely shocking response

Shocking mate, glad it worked out for you in the end but you may want to initiate a complaint with eBay about the rep you spoke to 😠 that's an absolutely shocking response
By the time the situation was over everyone in that office knew me on a first name basis haha! Persistence was required and not giving in. I think just my sheer determination to make sure this guy didn't get ANY money back was enough to show them I was being honest. My response to the guy when he called it good business was "I am a hobbiest, not a businessman." Finally they heard me! I am sure they reviewed my account as well and found I spent no less than a thousand a month on slow months and sold up to 3 thousand a month on some months at the time. They were not interested in losing all the fee's I was generating.

Back