• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Ebay Hunting Tactics

Wow, didn't know about the exclusion option in the search field. That's pretty cool to get rid of all the lenses. I used to just filter out prices lower than $20 but this seems much better. Thanks!!

I figured some may be reluctant to share. Just sharing something that makes searching more to the point.

May the highest bidder win, and the more bidders there are the less chance I have which spares my bank account haha.

Sample eBay search:

oakley (metal,juliet,x squared,romeo,24k) -walleva -exovista -visionary -vl -wl -samvette

This search will require the word "Oakley", match any of the words in parentheses, and exclude all words that have been minused from the search.

If you went to advanced search, you would put the words in the text boxes and eBay would phrase the search as I have. This just saves you a step.

oK I'm new and to build favor among the elders, I will share a trick I use.

www.ifttt.com it's a website that you can use to setup special scripts based on RSS feeds and other actions. So I have it setup to send me a text message anytime a new ebay search (using many of the search tricks above) has a new listing. Here's the recipe I'm using: https://ifttt.com/recipes/57246

So in the last 12 hours, I've had 5 text messages of new Oakley Half-X glasses getting posted.

I use the same website to monitor tweets from apple, amazon and starbucks on their free apps of the day/week. As well as new pictures from the Mars Curiosity Rover.

oK I'm new and to build favor among the elders, I will share a trick I use.

www.ifttt.com it's a website that you can use to setup special scripts based on RSS feeds and other actions. So I have it setup to send me a text message anytime a new ebay search (using many of the search tricks above) has a new listing. Here's the recipe I'm using: https://ifttt.com/recipes/57246

So in the last 12 hours, I've had 5 text messages of new Oakley Half-X glasses getting posted.

I use the same website to monitor tweets from apple, amazon and starbucks on their free apps of the day/week. As well as new pictures from the Mars Curiosity Rover.

eBay's saved searches on their mobile app gets around this. Cool for other sites though.

Back