• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Ebay Jupiter Factory Lite painting.

fix-the-spade

Oakley Enthusiast
UK
So, first post, hi everybody.

Whilst scouring Ebay for bargains I happened across a listing described as 'spare parts for Oakly Jupiters,' and it's contents could only be described as the grizzly remains of a couple of pairs of JFLs.

A blue pair, a black pair, no lenses and not quite enough screws. The black frame is reasonable, so it's been put aside for later.
P1050034_zpsglbhxacz.jpg

The blue one, pictures don't really do it justice, it had that 'thrown in a cement mixer' look. Into the caustic soda it went.
P1050058_zps8ym7micf.jpg

P1050047_zpsuksicjrs.jpg

Stripped down, self etching primer white.

P1050050_zpszdjfhjvd.jpg

Yellow, orange, red, black splatter, all hail the mighty toothbrush!

P1050086_zps5w0v682v.jpg

Auto paint clear coat.
P1050087_zpskneq073z.jpg

The guts of the hinges, whoever designed these was either an evil genius or never meant for human fingers to take them apart.
P1050093_zpsmzjznxuy.jpg

Reassembled, the sides from the black pair fit the colour scheme better, plus they still had Unobtanium in them. Fitted with Revant Midnight Sun lenses and the colour is gorgeous.

P1050089_zps0gnuac84.jpg

P1050091_zpstnlondye.jpg

The loudest pair of JFLs in the world?

I'm not sure how long the paint finish will last, but they will be fabulous while it lasts.

Whilst scouring Ebay for bargains I happened across a listing described as 'spare parts for Oakly Jupiters,' and it's contents could only be described as the grizzly remains of a couple of pairs of JFLs.

A blue pair, a black pair, no lenses and not quite enough screws. The black frame is reasonable, so it's been put aside for later.
View attachment 332443
The blue one, pictures don't really do it justice, it had that 'thrown in a cement mixer' look. Into the caustic soda it went.
View attachment 332444

View attachment 332445

View attachment 332446

View attachment 332447
Auto paint clear coat.
View attachment 332448
The guts of the hinges, whoever designed these was either an evil genius or never meant for human fingers to take them apart.
View attachment 332449
Reassembled, the sides from the black pair fit the colour scheme better, plus they still had Unobtanium in them. Fitted with Revant Midnight Sun lenses and the colour is gorgeous.

View attachment 332450

View attachment 332451

I'm not sure how long the paint finish will last, but they will be fabulous while it lasts.
Welcome to the forum almost a year later. Nicely done also on that pair of shades.

View attachment 332451

Could indeed be the loudest JFLs, yes! Welcome to finally posting here.

Your skills are impressive. :hi:

View attachment 332443
View attachment 332444

View attachment 332445

View attachment 332446

View attachment 332447
Auto paint clear coat.
View attachment 332448
View attachment 332449

View attachment 332450

View attachment 332451

V

View attachment 332443
View attachment 332444

View attachment 332445

View attachment 332446

View attachment 332447
Auto paint clear coat.
View attachment 332448
View attachment 332449

View attachment 332450

View attachment 332451

very nice

Back