• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Ebay lense cuts

I bought monster dog lenses from her for $50. She tried to tell me the donors were holbrook lenses(too small and wrong curve base). She refunded me my money and sent me a free HJ1.0 bass pro camo frame so I didnt leave bad feedback

As my daughter would say..... "whatevs"
So would it make me 100% a **** if I scammed the scammer?

I have had four pairs of lenses from her, two were lovely and genuine, two were definitely not from OEM Oakley donors. Insisted that I had a refund before I sent them back which she duly complied to. A 50% strike rate, not many businesses can survive like that! The safest bet by far as previously mentioned is @Chris A Hardaway. Never heard a bad word mentioned about him and I think it is more than safe to say he is 100% legit and genuine.

I have had four pairs of lenses from her, two were lovely and genuine, two were definitely not from OEM Oakley donors. Insisted that I had a refund before I sent them back which she duly complied to. A 50% strike rate, not many businesses can survive like that! The safest bet by far as previously mentioned is @Chris A Hardaway. Never heard a bad word mentioned about him and I think it is more than safe to say he is 100% legit and genuine.

She does have a couple pairs of authentic lenses, but the majority are not authentic. Something ive noticed about her ads are when she leans the lenses up on an X-metal case they are ALWAYS fake....

$_1-2.jpg

Like that:rolleyes:

And like this when they are authentic....

$_1-3.jpg

There are very few authentics on her page..n

$_1-3.jpg

She does have a couple pairs of authentic lenses, but the majority are not authentic. Something ive noticed about her ads are when she leans the lenses up on an X-metal case they are ALWAYS fake....

View attachment 323782

Like that:rolleyes:

And like this when they are authentic....

View attachment 323784

There are very few authentics on her page..n

View attachment 323783

Good to know @"TRUMP".
I think it is safe to say she won't sell me to me now even if I wanted something from her. (not that I want anything from her)

Seems like she/he/it had started selling all kosher lenses then when they had a reasonable number of feedbacks, they then changed to part OEM, mainly third party lenses. I too have had dealings with TRICK_SEE26, as a previous thread would attest!

I just received a pair of Mars & Penny lenses from Trixie and both are edged in a "groove" pattern meaning there is a pit cut in to the side of the lens, rather than a bevel as all Oakley lenses are. Nope nope nope.

For this reason and to supplement the awesome work that @Chris A Hardaway does, I went and hired a professional and am now offering hand-shaped custom cut lenses "done the old fashioned way".

Beveled edges matter, and so do proper base curves and I don't think this seller is offering either of these things.

This is what a properly cut and edged custom lens should look like:

IMG_0524.JPG

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back