• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

eBay Links in the Exchange?

The Need a price from my understanding was always because this isn't an auction platform. So you need to set a price. But I don't see any harm in someone being able to post an eBay link here. Nor was this ever against the rules - found posts back to 2011 saying eBay links were fine.

If someone wants an auction, they're going to go to eBay. They aren't going to just not auction it because Oakley Forum says you need a price. They may set a very high price which already happens here. But the bottomline is if they post it to eBay then its a fair auction. And all its doing is allowing the forum to be aware, and still potentially make an offer/negotiate.
I list on eBay... Here is my 2 cents...

I totally feel everyone here who wants to keep the exchange pure to this site and how it is designed. Gets my vote! I like that myself because one guys pot of gold is another's reasonable price and it gets straightened out there in the end. I certainly do not like seeing a eBay post as a sell thread anywhere in that section.

With that said like it or not eBay is a controlling platform in the Oakley trade. People use it and in the guide for buying on this site it is RECOMMENDED both parties settle the deal on eBay to gain the security. My vote goes to having a Ebay, Mercari, etc. Discussion thread where not only are people invited to share their own listings but members can also throw up a thread on a great deal that maybe they know they can't or don't need to buy but someone else might. If it is a discussion platform then the selling doesn't happen here technically and it leaves it broad for Q@A and such all in one place.

In other words, if we are going to keep the exchange a professional environment for buying and selling and educating then we have to give the kids a playground.

I personally think starting a thread for people to add an eBay listing is opening a can of worms, it will end up huge and full of out of date listings, you won't be able to have just one for all glasses never mind all the other items that members may be selling. If the thread gets out of control it is likely to cause a space issue on the server unless you plenty free @OakleyBoss then the complaints will start about how poor the forum is running, how it has started crashing blah, blah, blah..... the way i see it nobody is going to list an item for less on eBay than here due to the added seller fee's so just ban the use of eBay links on the Forum and leave it at that???

Let's take it to a vote?

:behindsofa:
Maybe a solution is to have a sold or dead thread button added in the eBay section for members to click on to shut down the thread say after 3-5 members click that its dead and once in awhile a moderator come in and clean up the dead threads. Thats pretty normal maintenance for any site.

Maybe a solution is to have a sold or dead thread button added in the eBay section for members to click on to shut down the thread say after 3-5 members click that its dead and once in awhile a moderator come in and clean up the dead threads. Thats pretty normal maintenance for any site.
or nto clean it up and just let it be clicked on and marked as dead.

Back