• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Ebay Listing - Shouldn't this IH have purple rubber?

Yeah I've bought two pairs from this seller (a polished and a carbon), he's a "single dad", don't know why he's using a woman's ebay account. Ex-wife's?

On one the condition was exaggerated, the other was fraudulently listed as BNIB but arrived with a little frame wear and needing a tuneup (he gave the same "big melon" excuse, ignoring the fact it was supposed to be BNIB).

It took some going back and forth but I got a partial refund from him. Even after he gave it he kept making total BS arguments trying to justify listing as BNIB, etc.

I recommend staying as far away from his auctions as you can. I'm certainly not going to do any more business with him...

Here's some excerpts from his messages, bolded some key phrases:

"I'm a little slow but I get the job done. I'm a single father with a five year old. Sometimes I don't know which way is up. No excuse but I love it!"

"I'm so sorry to hear that. Maybe I have a big head? I don't know. I wear 51 ○ 19 prescription glasses. Everyone has a difference."

"The only reason the New button was used was because it was accompanied with the box and coin. Nowhere in the description is new used. Since you purchased two of my glasses and I would love to have you as a customer again I will agree to the partial refund of [xxx] per set of glasses for [xxx] total. FYI...I, as a buyer, have fought and lost this argument with ebay. They really don't care about Item Specifics but do care about the Description. After all it's only a button that can accidentally be hit or my idea of new is different than yours. But I digress, I want you to be happy with those glasses. They truely are spectacular and you will enjoy every minute of use. And when your tired of them, I hope that you will contact me, I may buy them back. CHEERS FOR US BOTH!"

The dude is an unrepentant BS artist. Maybe he sells used cars for a living.

What's funny is ebay would have sided with you for a full refund, he's absolutely wrong. Ebay is way more protective of the buyers than the sellers.

They relished them again from the same seller. 386eilien. I would be very Lear buying anything from her.

Noticed some revisions here.

1. He has negative feedback from the guy who he sold the last "IH" pair to.
2. He no longer has the SKU listed as he did before.
3. He's updated his comments at the bottom:

=======================================================
"On Mar-01-14 at 16:41:05 PST, seller added the following information:
For ALL ... of the DA's ... out their who ... CAN ... NOT ... READ ....

THIS IS A PLASMA COLORWAY w/ VIOLET IRIDIUM POLARIZED LENSES ! ! !

You would THINK that ... A ... PICTURE is WORTH A THOUSAND WORDS ! ! !
And I posted 11? of them for you ! ! !
That's 11,000 words PLUS one art work ! ! !
Not just a stock photo (artists rendition) but actual photos ! ! !
At different angles ! ! !

If you don't get it by now than I'm STUPID and Y? O? U? R? an IDIOT ! ! !
☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
By the way...&...IS A WORD ! ! !
☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆"
======================================================

Don't know how the hell Ebay is allowing this guy to keep posting sales...

Yes I pointed that out in my thread but he is toeing the line. He can get away with it because it says IH coin + violet lenses. He is not actually saying they are Original IH Juliets. He is only saying coin. Very careful wording meant to deceive the buyer. Someone will eventually buy one and leave a negative that will warn others of this

Yeah I've bought two pairs from this seller (a polished and a carbon), he's a "single dad", don't know why he's using a woman's ebay account. Ex-wife's?

On one the condition was exaggerated, the other was fraudulently listed as BNIB but arrived with a little frame wear and needing a tuneup (he gave the same "big melon" excuse, ignoring the fact it was supposed to be BNIB).

It took some going back and forth but I got a partial refund from him. Even after he gave it he kept making total BS arguments trying to justify listing as BNIB, etc.

I recommend staying as far away from his auctions as you can. I'm certainly not going to do any more business with him...
Did you leave a negative or at least a neutral? Regardless of outcome I always leave a accurate feedback. Ex: item was as described but packaging needs to be improved. Shipped with no padding. In this case the shipper sent me a CB. He only stuck a label on the exterior of the retail box and mailed it

I disagree. Ebay determines the the parameters of "new" as when you click on "new" when listing it will say what is expected of a "new" item

Did you leave a negative or at least a neutral? Regardless of outcome I always leave a accurate feedback. Ex: item was as described but packaging needs to be improved. Shipped with no padding. In this case the shipper sent me a CB. He only stuck a label on the exterior of the retail box and mailed it

I should have but he did resolve my issue to my satisfaction via the partial refund. He lost any future business from me, though.

He seems to have gone a bit more off the deep end since then. Stuck in the delusion that he's right and everybody else is wrong, why can't they understand that?

I disagree. Ebay determines the the parameters of "new" as when you click on "new" when listing it will say what is expected of a "new" item

EXACTLY - I asked for a partial refund for a certain amount, he kept trying to negotiate, I stood firm and kept throwing this "new = unworn, etc" in his face, he eventually caved but tried to spin it like it was a compromise. It was only a compromise if a compromise is when you give in completely and give the other person exactly what they asked for in the first place.

I think that's The Wife's idea on how I'm supposed to compromise with her...