• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

eBay m2 xl scam?

jdel4913

Oakley Beginner
I have seen a million of these on eBay and I just can’t tell if they are legit or not. The are more or less half off. The only reason I think they might be legit is my Matco dealer at work ( I’m a service technician at a Buick GMC) has these and another set of m2s for 170. Which his market up on oakleys is almost 50-100 percent. I’m wondering if Oakley did some batches in huge amounts of these m2s and that is why they are so cheap.

That color way is one that’s been around forever. I want to say it was one of the original colorway is released with the M2.

I’ve seen them anywhere from $70-100 sometimes more from a retailer

That color way is one that’s been around forever. I want to say it was one of the original colorway is released with the M2.

I’ve seen them anywhere from $70-100 sometimes more from a retailer
I agree the combo has been around. It is just crazy the quantity online of them. Supposedly bnib. But I guess if my local tool guy has a few sets eBay wholesalers could have hundreds.

I agree the combo has been around. It is just crazy the quantity online of them. Supposedly bnib. But I guess if my local tool guy has a few sets eBay wholesalers could have hundreds.
it says free return and you've got eBay's buyer protection also. and the guy has almost 99% reviews so could be legit? if anyone bought from this seller let us all know. would be interesting.

I discovered a whole network of these "wholesalers" who take legit (sometimes) frames and cut the lenses from a sheet of plutonite. It is kinda a long read through the emails but this guy made no bones about what he does... It is a super shady side of collecting to watch out for. I had Trixie cut some R1 lenses for me a few years back and they looked like she used a hedge trimmer to cut them and they had basically no base curve. Read how they do it on my link.... Judge for yourself...

Back