• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Ebay Oakley Auctions Section

I have to agree with the others. We all know how to search for Oakleys on Ebay and some of us spend a great deal of time hunting down bargains. Any extra attention to said auctions can be detrimental to the selling price. If someone wants to post up a link and ask a question Im cool with that but just randomly loading auctions on the site I say no. With that being said it might bring my attention to an auction I somehow missed that another member is bidding on. So that would be good for me but I still say no. If I miss it its my own fault.

Is anyone checking the links to make sure they are not a link to a fake item being auctioned?

I have been checking them to make sure none are fake. I intend to slow down how many posts come in to make sure no fakes are posted. But if one does get in hopefully someone would report it and it would be promptly deleted.

After trying to objectively weigh the pros and cons of this kind of functionality in the forum, a few observations:

I'm assuming the whole point of this forum is provide a positive experience for Oakley enthusiasts and collectors. I'd like to think Boss and the mod-crew want all of us members to benefit from this place.

However...

making all of the potential ebay deals public here is like throwing chum into a tank of hungry sharks...the potential for bidding wars increases and prices get driven up. The only ones who benefit from something like this are the ebay sellers. The forum members will just end up having to pay more for an auction item than they potentially would have without the "help" of the ebay-bot.

I know that Boss is only trying to make the forum a better place for all of us...can't fault him for that. But like the saying goes: "The road to hell is paved with good intentions."

Peace, out.

I know technically this isn't a vote but I have to agree with the others and, if it was a vote, I would vote to get rid of the section completely for the reasons mentioned above. In addition it's free advertising for eBay and, I'm assuming, you make nothing out of helping them sell items so why give them that avenue? They are *******s as it is.

Thanks for being responsive to the members. It's nice that you are brave enough to try new things and humble enough to say when they aren't successful.

Back