• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Ebay Perspective From The Other Side

I got some of the most insane questions on Ebay

Maybe we should start a thread for sellers to post the stupidist experiences with buyers? Recently I had a guy email asking me if I'd do a deal on an item. I said sure and asked him to make an offer. He made an offer which I agreed to. He then emailed me to say he wasn't willing to pay that much as it was too expensive and offered me even less. I declined his new offer and pointed out he was backing out of his own deal, at which point I got a message filled with expletives about how I was the con artist!?

Im all for setting up an "OFFER" forum here so we dont have to deal with the bay or give them our money anymore, they are now sending out 1099's through Paypal as well... Chase has set up a new cash transfer program, but there are not many safeguards as of yet that I have read about so there has to be some trust... But we already have a Feedback system in place, im sure we could come up with an appropriate system to use for Offers...

Unfortunately it is dishonest sellers that have driven Ebay policies to what they are now. I have bought many a dishonestly described set of glasses and thanked God for Ebay's quickness in refunding my money.

The way I see it, if a seller sends me garbage, I have to return it on my dime. So I am out $5 shipping on HIS mistake. I could buy a cheeseburger for that. So that guy just stole my cheeseburger. Might as well have walked into the restaurant and taken it off of my plate then laughed at me as he bit into it with juice running down his cheek. Over the months of buying, the stolen cheeseburgers start adding up, and my patience starts running thin.

You can't tell by feedback, either. People don't understand that these are OPTICS. If there is a scratch in front of your eye, that is a big deal...it is not MINT condition.

I've sold a couple dozen glasses on the Bay. Never had a problem. Oh, right, I'm actually honest in my desc.

Unfortunately it is dishonest sellers that have driven Ebay policies to what they are now. I have bought many a dishonestly described set of glasses and thanked God for Ebay's quickness in refunding my money.

The way I see it, if a seller sends me garbage, I have to return it on my dime. So I am out $5 shipping on HIS mistake. I could buy a cheeseburger for that. So that guy just stole my cheeseburger. Might as well have walked into the restaurant and taken it off of my plate then laughed at me as he bit into it with juice running down his cheek. Over the months of buying, the stolen cheeseburgers start adding up, and my patience starts running thin.

You can't tell by feedback, either. People don't understand that these are OPTICS. If there is a scratch in front of your eye, that is a big deal...it is not MINT condition.

I've sold a couple dozen glasses on the Bay. Never had a problem. Oh, right, I'm actually honest in my desc.

There are dishonest sellers true but that shouldn't mean that the eBay experience is spoiled for all sellers. As with most things in life, the misbehaviour of the minority shouldn't dictate or reflect on the actions of the majority. All we want is a fair system.

eBay buyers can leave negative feedback, get full unquestioned refunds, and continue to buy on eBay even if they behave negatively. eBay sellers can not leave negative feedback for buyers who don't pay or make false claims, have no real protection against false refund claims from eBay or PayPal, have no right of reply for false claims, and can get banned from eBay. The system is not fair, it's not even designed to be fair, it's is totally in favour of the buyer which is why false claims and non-payments from buyers have increased ten-fold since this new system was put in place.

Despite being made very aware of this fact eBay have refused to acknowledge the problem, or made steps towards making it fairer. In fact, as clearly shown in the post by Dr. Chop, they are making it even worse. They are actually putting in place a system that encourages buyers to buy an item, wear it, then return it, for a full no quibble refund! It's insane, you couldn't make it up. How on earth do eBay dream up these stupid systems?

All true, but even with the no-risk refund that buyers can take by just telling a few lies, how many do that? Not many. I don't think this new policy will turn out bad for sellers.

I stopped selling on ebay after a buyer disputed the item he received. I told him I'd be happy to refund him once the item was returned to me in the condition that it was sent to him and I'd give him the $4 extra in his refund once I got it back to cover the shipping costs. Instead, he disputed with paypal/ebay, got his money back, and kept the item. He never responded to my requests for the item to be returned even after he had his money back. So I got screwed out of $75 and the item. That was the last time I sold anything on ebay.

From now on it's strictly buying only and mainly for my music obsession.

I stopped selling on ebay after a buyer disputed the item he received. I told him I'd be happy to refund him once the item was returned to me in the condition that it was sent to him and I'd give him the $4 extra in his refund once I got it back to cover the shipping costs. Instead, he disputed with paypal/ebay, got his money back, and kept the item. He never responded to my requests for the item to be returned even after he had his money back. So I got screwed out of $75 and the item. That was the last time I sold anything on ebay.

I'm surprised buyer got to keep what you sent.
I buy more than I sell, and I've had to dispute a couple of times for inaccurately described items.
Every single time, I had to send item back to seller with tracking info.
Of course, I could have sent back some junk, just that I didn't.

I agree 1000% with you man!!!! This has happened to me as well!!! There is no seller protection on ebay AT ALL!!!! But the shady factor has gotten quite larger on the bay....I'm very leery of it these days...and sorry about your cheeseburgers lol I'd stab somebody over my cheeseburgers lol

Here's a gem I just got in the mail. A set of M Frame 2.0's in "good" condition, lenses have "various scratches", but the frames are "excellent".

I contacted them asking for a refund, replacement, or return. If the seller doesn't get back to me I'm filing for a refund and throwing these out. They're disgusting, the hinges feel like they're ready to fall off, the lens channel in the frame is full of gunk, missing an earsock, the other is slimy and loose, and the lenses are in such bad shape I'd rather shoot them than wear them.

IMG_0820.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0820.jpg
    IMG_0820.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 264
Back