• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

ebay plating services

I was one of the first to use his services and was more than satisfied with the result.
Patience is key, though - my pair took around twelve weeks to complete. I was happy to wait for the desired result and would use his services again...
Two years on, my Juliets are still as good as when I got them.
69b2f9c850a1c4f40dc79cbe79f1cb8c.jpg
6e696a42eb2427a0a54a68423fa883c1.jpg
334c5907940bf17b5056a6f74a6d6a44.jpg

Just so frustrating the turn around time...

Plating/anodizing cannot be that hard... you tube videos show anodizing just involves dunking it in a baking soda solution with a battery and running a certain voltage through it...
Plating is something I haven't looked into yet but I remember those goofy gold electroplating pens people would use to make their Lexus emblems gold etc. Cannot be that hard... Is it? Is this not something I could DIY

I was one of the first to use his services and was more than satisfied with the result.
Patience is key, though - my pair took around twelve weeks to complete. I was happy to wait for the desired result and would use his services again...
Two years on, my Juliets are still as good as when I got them. View attachment 747191View attachment 747192View attachment 747193

Yeah, the one I had done seemed to be done well...it was darker than anticipated, but still looked good. I just got away from Juliets. Mine took at least 12 weeks at it got sent to Mexico or something by accident and they had to get them back.

Just so frustrating the turn around time...

Plating/anodizing cannot be that hard... you tube videos show anodizing just involves dunking it in a baking soda solution with a battery and running a certain voltage through it...
Plating is something I haven't looked into yet but I remember those goofy gold electroplating pens people would use to make their Lexus emblems gold etc. Cannot be that hard... Is it? Is this not something I could DIY

Sounds like you are convincing yourself, so go ahead.
I wouldn’t do it...but I’m not exactly skilled at things like this.

OEM is darker and feels a bit more 'lustrous' than the aggjsp pair. The aggjsp pair also had the bolts plated, which is a nice touch over OEM...
29c30447eeb6e0d65ea8088572caeecd.jpg
34c8ac2bde3e15f28f2a5f2fa051cdd3.jpg
5200a0fb8f210e5ef8cfd07229f6fa32.jpg

I just have a hard time believing it's so complicated and hard that it requires risking sending an expensive frame and then waiting 3 months.

Have you aver tried a retune? It’s definitely a skill...I’ll stick with paying someone. And, how much will you have in costs for equipment?

I haven't tried a retune and never will, unless I got a lesson from a pro...
The anodizing/electroplating stuff seems less risky, the result might be poor and you'd have to send them in to be refinished, but they aren't in danger of being structurally damaged forever as they are in a botched tune

Latest Posts

Back