• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

ebay plating services

nicosauve1

I should Work at Oakley
Humboldt County, CA
In search of a way to get shiny oem plasma, or copper, or other shiny type anodized/plating options... I've landed on this

BECAUSE... I don't have the patience for a 12 week turnaround from a reputed forum member, and I'm a rebel what can I say.

So I know I'll get bashed for going this route, but I decided to try it...to get a pair of worn out R1's restored to oem plasma.

I am curious if anyone else here has tried this, and if so what their experience has been. Please shout out if you have a story to share!
Clearly people are aware of this because there are lots of watchers on the item, and I'm betting at least a few of them are forum members here.

into the unknown I venture - I'll tell you what I find

If this is the service that starts in NJ or NY, it will take months to get done. After you mail to NJ, It then has to go to Korea and back and you will lose tracking on the frame...I did this once in a Juliet and won’t do it again. (Although, the finish was done pretty well)

If this is the service that starts in NJ or NY, it will take months to get done. After you mail to NJ, It then has to go to Korea and back and you will lose tracking on the frame...I did this once in a Juliet and won’t do it again. (Although, the finish was done pretty well)

If that’s the case it will probably take even longer. I’m still waiting for some stuff from Japan and it’s been 2 months. International shipping sucks right now.

it is based out of englewood NJ or something.. jesus to Korea and back?? Wth
Right now??
I'm gonna ask about this before shipping and if it's true cancel the order.

If that’s the case it will probably take even longer. I’m still waiting for some stuff from Japan and it’s been 2 months. International shipping sucks right now.

Yeah I've been waiting on a linegear order for a while now...being rerouted through the UK apparently because of shipping restrictions right now... hell

it is based out of englewood NJ or something.. jesus to Korea and back?? Wth
Right now??
I'm gonna ask about this before shipping and if it's true cancel the order.

Definitely ask...maybe it’s a different service or it’s handled differently. But, if your reasoning is time, I don’t think this will be better. Let us know what you find out...

Back