• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

ebay plating services

I haven't tried a retune and never will, unless I got a lesson from a pro...
The anodizing/electroplating stuff seems less risky, the result might be poor and you'd have to send them in to be refinished, but they aren't in danger of being structurally damaged forever as they are in a botched tune
I don’t know. I’m going to try a tuneup before I try refinishing.
aggjsp does a retune and 24k finish for $90 - that is a great deal....

aggjsp does a retune and 24k finish for $90 - that is a great deal....

Yeah I mean seems like a great deal but if it involves routing through Asia and losing tracking etc forget it!
I messaged the guy to ask him about this.. if he confirms what Atticus says about it going to Korea I am definitely cancelling this

I haven't tried a retune and never will, unless I got a lesson from a pro...
The anodizing/electroplating stuff seems less risky, the result might be poor and you'd have to send them in to be refinished, but they aren't in danger of being structurally damaged forever as they are in a botched tune

You need to be able to do tune ups if you want to anodize or plate a frame. It needs to be completely disassembled to do either option you mentioned

I used them to do gold plating. It did take a while, but it was exactly what I was after. Super shiny!! And still in perfect condition! (Before and after)
5901898c711b1be7d93ad106381aedf5.jpg

It’s the ol adage - good work takes times.

Those that do good work, usually have a line of people wanting more good work done by them.

And @THE X-MAN does very quick turnarounds, and certainly does OEM Plasma - and the Plasma finish isn’t anodize, it’s a color’d blasting. Need to right powders, and media to recreate the look, sheen, and texture.

Latest Posts

Back