• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Ebay Purchase Wwyd

xyla

Oakley Beginner
Hi folks,
I bought a pair of Enduring on ebay and received them a few days ago. Pictured in the auction were the glasses, soft vault, cloth bag and extra nosepiece. I received everything shown in the pictures and don't have concerns about authenticity or condition. The description mentioned a slight scratch but I had to hold them up in the sunlight and look for about 5 minutes before I could even find it.
However, the auction description mentioned that the box was included. So naturally I was surprised when no box arrived along with the other items. I sent an email to the seller and asked him why I did not get the box and his reply was that he really meant the soft vault, that was what he was calling the 'box'. He also said that if it was important to me then he would discuss what would be fair compensation.
Now, I don't want to be a jerk about it, I feel I got a good deal on the glasses but I am disappointed to not have the box. I even save my shoeboxes, haha.
Part of me (the biggest part) says to just let it go and be happy about the good deal I got and take it as a lesson learned, that if the box isn't shown in the picture, ask about it before bidding. Maybe I'm making a mountain out of a molehill because these glasses are for me to actively run with and I doubt they are going to stay in pristine condition anyway.
So, WWYD?

I would tell myself he bought them at SGH and there would be no box. and then scour ebay or bug members here for a box.

OR: go make friends with your local SGH and beg one of the employees to save you a box next time they get some new pairs in.

You must have A LOT of boxes around your home!!!!!!!!!! OK so I broke the ice....... If your happy with your purchase then enjoy what you have. The hardcore collector weights a few options, before buying/bidding.... Was it just listed, are they super rare, how many ebay watchers, is the price right, are they real, is it worth it, do I need it, do I want it, etc, etc, etc.... There are many different ways to look at it. I for one, look at the big picture..... Unless I'm storing them, displaying them, reselling them, trading them, or have to have the original box, then why worry. Now, for those of us that have OCD, yes you know who you are, then the purchase would not take place without asking lots of questions and making sure before buying, unless the deal was for something you just had to have and will find a box later. Is this getting complicated yet? OK, lets make it simple. You bought them, enjoy them. Not all the pairs sold had a "special box" with them, and that's not to say the seller would have sent the original box that came from oakley either. It may have been a generic box, with a different label. So just enjoy what you have....

Thanks guys for the replies. I'm agreeing with the consensus to just let it go and enjoy my new glasses. :) I emailed the seller and already left him good feedback for the prompt communication and product.

Back