• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

EBay Rant

Batwolf

Double Team
Premium Member
Portland, OR
I am trying to win some Frogskins on eBay and some idiots are bidding 3 days before it's end. :mad: I hate when people do this, why raise the price 3 days before it's over? I never bid until the last few minutes!

sometimes- like with some of the boxless new SJ's I just bid the same amount a couple days ahead and after a few times with same item win I have gotten 2 65 dollar New SJ 2's this way as I am seldom at computer at 10 pm to bid when end is near

I always bid my max amount i would be willing to pay for whatever i find. and then i leave it alone. Its funny cause it really seems to discourage people from bidding.

It depends on the auction. If I see something that is already close to the price I'm looking to pay then I won't bid until the last minute. If I'm willing to pay $100 and no more and it's at $20 I'll bid $100 early. If I get out bid at the last minute, no biggie.

I have had a lot of instances where I bid my max amount early and then people will up the bid a few dollars at a time to try and find your limit. I now wait till there are 20-30 seconds to avoid that behavior.

Back