• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Ebay Seller Problem

I've had eBay sellers charge me for Priority Shipping (6 to 10 days delivery) and then send it First Class (4 to 6 weeks delivery) just so that they can pocket an extra $20. Helluva annoying when you're on the receiving end and nothing shows up after two weeks and the seller's response is that I'm at the mercy of the postal system. By the time the package turns up the 45 day dispute period has expired. Uuuuuuuurgh!
Uh Oh I put yours on the 60 day plan haha Get em yet?

In a situation like that you should alway refrain from letting your emotions from taking over and you should politely reminds seller that maybe covering the item in questions in KY and inserting with great force into his/her rectal passage and that they could use the extra made from postage to have it removed .
That's just my opinion and i may be wrong .

Very unlikely !

depends on the shipment, but that isn't entirely out of line. Flat rate is much pricier than standard priority for small items like shades, but sometimes fools over package, so west coast to east coast can be $12 +/- and insurance can be upwards of $10 depending on the amount. Although I sent a $600 insured 2lb parcel priority to Vegas earlier and it was $14. The trying to change after the fact is where the BS comes in to play, and especially via an ebay transaction. Simply pay direct on ebay what the ebay transaction calls for and let the dust lie where it falls. If he plays the **** role, you can put the hit on him. They are pinching sellers for stupid crap these days, and he will more than likely be at risk of losing seller abilities entirely. Had a friend be within the parameters of a solid seller, but because 2 complaints were filed without any merit at all, he got pinched by the ebay Nazis and his seller account is done. Permanently

Just a followup on this since there was a lot of people in the thread. Finally got the sunglasses. They were minutes.. probably should have gotten better pictures. Problem is.. they were counterfeit minutes. Earsocks don't fit well at all. METAL screws in the hinges (Actual minutes of this generation had no screws at all) Oakley font/size was all jacked up. Oakley symbol was peeling.. Dozens of signs just screaming counterfeit. So I opened a case and he tells me that he would be happy to refund my money if I send them back to him. I went ahead and told him that I don't feel comfortable with that because he already sold me fake Oakleys. Gonna go ahead and escalate the case to Ebay and left him some nasty feedback. He told me that he bought them from ebay and had taken them to an Oakley store to find out info about them. I'm understanding that working at Oakley doesn't require you to take an authenticity test, but these stink of counterfeit. I have several minutes btw, so not just shooting off ideas from the internet or anything.

Yeah I have sold things as the original poster said that required more postage than I thought -I took the hit because it was the right thing to do- the price should be what was originally stated and the loss is the seller's.

I went ahead and told him that I don't feel comfortable with that because he already sold me fake Oakleys. Gonna go ahead and escalate the case to Ebay and left him some nasty feedback.

Your situation stinks, but if I were ebay, I'd say you get to have $-back or sunglasses, but not both. Send 'em back insured and delivery confirmation, well packed, via USPS. I'd hold off on the nasty feedback for the moment. Just my $0.02.

Good luck.

Too late. He tried to change the price after the fact, and he was kinda.. a **** about it. And then there's the fact that he sold me counterfeits. If he doesn't deserve negative feedback, I'm not really sure who does. Also, I believe per ebays rules, if they rule something counterfeit they ask you to destroy it and refund the money since you're legally not supposed to ship counterfeit goods. So, yes, you can get money or sunglasses, or both. At least, that's what happened last time I was ripped off with counterfeit Warhammer models.

Back