• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Ebay seller. Your opinion

If he gets caught selling off ebay from a lead generated from ebay he can lose his selling privileges.
that's true. Didn't quite think about that one...

how then, are sellers and/or buyers able to circumvent Ebay's algorithm and do the deal with each other off of Ebay?

I just got a sob story on a listing asking for almost half off. I didnt block, just simply stated there is no way I am going to sell this "near impossible to find" (their words) pair for almost half off what it is listed for.
that was nice of you that you didn't (although it's your prerogative if you did) not to block the buyer because it's tough to tell if the sob story is an act or the actual truth

Not everyone gets caught all the time, just like speeding.
true....

I'm assuming you're a power seller on Ebay, so have you ever lost a dispute to a newbie on Ebay? I know Ebay and especially Paypal favour the buyer in disputes, but at some point when taking everything into account Ebay's got to side with the seller, no?

anyone can chime in

Last edited:
true....

I'm assuming you're a power seller on Ebay, so have you ever lost a dispute to a newbie on Ebay? I know Ebay and especially Paypal favour the buyer in disputes, but at some point when taking everything into account Ebay's got to side with the seller, no?

anyone can chime in
Yes, in the 20+ years on ebay I have lost as a seller, not to a new buyer however. I dont get too many disputes honestly compared to many sellers for a few reasons. I am pretty clear about what I am selling up front and I am not walmart, there is no return because I changed my mind policy. I can back up my claims with facts and evidence if a scammer tries something. I've seen almost all of it. Honestly I can almost sniff them out before they happen. Amazing how many scammers might start something but back down once they realize they are out witted.

Latest Posts

Back