• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

EBay Sellers Confusing Me...

Zax

Chicago
Ok, this is really confusing. Search Oakley David Flores word for word on eBay and two come up. Both have the exact same picture, but are from different sellers. One of them is zongidigity and the other is from gentz. Is there something weird going on? I'm afraid to bid on either one, especially with zong's bid cancellation history. Anyone know of anything?

Some sellers use someone else's stock photos. Either that or the guy has two accounts.

I will never buy from that zongdiggity guy. Guy's a straight up bastard.

I saw it too. Zondiggity has listed several Oakley's with no reserve, only to pull the listings before they end and re-list them. All of the same Oakley's now appear under the user name Gentz, with the same photos. 100% it's the same guy and he'll pull the same stunt. He is to be avoided like the plague. He clearly thinks he's too smart for people to notice.

After doing a little research, Both sellers are from Wisconsin, (go figure) There display set ups are similar. However the wording and the way the present their auctions are totally different. It could be the same person... I would watch both auctions. One Flores is over in a day, the other is 6 days. If the first one sells watch to see if the second one is cancelled. Yes its a duplicate photo, yes they have very similar stuff... There frequency of sales is different, Gentz13 seems to sell no matter what the price goes for, and doesn't appear to have cancelled auctions. Then again Zondigitty could use this account to push the price up, look for a third account for possible schill bidding too. And look to see if one account is bidding on another. Its not hard to do especially when you see duplicate bids from the same feedback number....

Also look for low feedback numbers incresing the bid quick by increments. I have seen this done, by multiple Ebay accounts to raise the price. Sellers will also leave fictitious feedback to bring up the accounts feedback count.

And look to see if one account is bidding on another. Its not hard to do especially when you see duplicate bids from the same feedback number....

Also look for low feedback numbers incresing the bid quick by increments. I have seen this done, by multiple Ebay accounts to raise the price. Sellers will also leave fictitious feedback to bring up the accounts feedback count.

Yup! I see this all the time on auctions, and I friggin HATE that! Check the bid histories and you'll see buyers with feedbacks in the single digits...you know these are not real buyers, but just price pushers. And if that tatic fails, the seller pulls the item. AAAARRRGGGGHHH!!!!

Yup! I see this all the time on auctions, and I friggin HATE that! Check the bid histories and you'll see buyers with feedbacks in the single digits...you know these are not real buyers, but just price pushers. And if that tatic fails, the seller pulls the item. AAAARRRGGGGHHH!!!!
I've seen this and have had it happen as well...it's very frustrating...I really hate when the seller comes back with a second chance offer immediately after the auction ends.

I've seen this and have had it happen as well...it's very frustrating...I really hate when the seller comes back with a second chance offer immediately after the auction ends.

I've experienced this too. I actually counter offered a low ball price and the seller never responded. Two can play that game! LOL

Back