• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

EBay strangeness

While we’re talking about labels. I picked up this pair for a good price on eBay. A Different seller. Has anyone ever seen the back sticker, that is cut up, for this release. The other label seems correct and the serial matches. The seller was not even advertising has a matching set but he also was not the original owner. Let me know your thoughts
D386B43A-59FB-4E97-9E0B-9416996B85AF.jpeg
6ECB28C8-A3B0-4F86-BE33-CB0706370E7C.jpeg
E1122FF3-2C46-4F3F-BA86-358089C3B114.jpeg

While we’re talking about labels. I picked up this pair for a good price on eBay. A Different seller. Has anyone ever seen the back sticker, that is cut up, for this release. The other label seems correct and the serial matches. The seller was not even advertising has a matching set but he also was not the original owner. Let me know your thoughts
View attachment 684974View attachment 684975View attachment 684976

That back label is the retailer sticker. Like Hibbets or whatever store sold it put that on it for their purposes. Probably inventory. A lot of places put it over the oakley label so you lucked out there.

I found it. Idk wtf is up with that. It shouldn't have an x in the serial on the label but then again my 04-111 box has the color label, I'll get a pic in a sec. There's another label under that one, I'd be real curious what's on that label. Several of the pictures of the frame look like it was pieced together but then a few it looks ok. Idk, I'd just avoid that pair all together, if smells fishy. But if someone does buy it, please let us know what's under the top label.
This is the most suspicious thing, that it looks like there is another label underneath. Caveat emptor and all that...

That back label is the retailer sticker. Like Hibbets or whatever store sold it put that on it for their purposes. Probably inventory. A lot of places put it over the oakley label so you lucked out there.
Agreed again. Even Oakley Vaults weren’t above sticking a vault barcode over the picture sticker, or worse, peeling the picture sticker off to put their sticker on. Grrrrr.

That guy also bought a bunch of flex couplers from me a couple months ago as well.

That confirms my though that he tuned it up and further convinces me he Frankensteined that one together.

I know of at least one member here that has made replacement box labels for his own pairs so it’s not unreasonable to think this guy could do the same. He just didn’t take off the original sticker first.

Latest Posts

Back