• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Ebay user janus20123 Buyer and especially seller beware

that's amazing that you got your money back đź’Ş I've never heard of a case where both parties "won" in a sense. Was it the constant hassling that made Ebay payout to you even though it decided in the buyer's favour? You must have a stellar reputation on Ebay for this to happen I assume
It was the persistence. At one point the guy at eBay basically told me "Loss is part of doing business" and my reply was " I am not a business, I am a hobbiest buying selling and trading something I love and this guy stole from me."(That's why my eBay handle is Hobbiest now) Answers like that and just NOT TAKING NO FOR AN ANSWER was the key. They use to have a VIP thing back then and I joined into it so I did have that working for me as well. Talked to a chick on another call and she noticed it verbally I was VIP so it meant something. I have never had a negative and at the time I was buying and selling 5-6 pairs of X metals a week along with watches and was a money machine for them and it took pointing that out. They were often getting two fee's off of me from the buy then the sell so yea I guess when they put all that together they figured it was more profitable to keep me happy but it was pulling teeth out
of concrete to get it. eBay's policies for sellers today are much much better. It was "sell at your own risk" back in 2017-18 and allot of people's bad feelings about eBay come from that time period and before.

Not saying it would have helped but.... if I have a pair like that being returned I would have video taped the opening of the returned box when it arrived.
Funny you should bring that up…. Something was fishy about the return because the glasses were excellent except for the noted cutting scuff on the lens. I did have my son video me opening it and when I presented that to “the guy at eBay” I talked to he stated it was not ample evidence because there was the chance I had opened it and put the kitchen utensils in the box myself. In the first few calls I got some unfathomable responses from eBay. It wasn’t until boss chick started handling it I made progress.

And here it is folks… He now remembers 100%. Didn’t know what I was talking about until now! This guy should really stop talking he just makes himself look worse every time he opens his mouth…. If you look at his feedback he has been inactive for over a year and I know it’s been since this incident he vanished cause I marked his profile and watched for 5 years for him to show a sign of using it. It sat dormant until yesterday.

1AE08BFF-422E-49C5-A9B0-935CF65095C8.png

What’s funny is he did have allot of positive Oakley purchases and a few sales on his feedback at the time. Except the ones where he harassed people. I couldn’t imagine at the time why he chose my item to steal but he did then he vanished. I figure now he went to jail for a couple years and figured he would scam before he started the sentence thinking I would move on and forget by the time he got out but that’s just a theory.

And here it is folks… He now remembers 100%. Didn’t know what I was talking about until now! This guy should really stop talking he just makes himself look worse every time he opens his mouth…. If you look at his feedback he has been inactive for over a year and I know it’s been since this incident he vanished cause I marked his profile and watched for 5 years for him to show a sign of using it. It sat dormant until yesterday.

View attachment 942838
My reply….
59DB133B-42BF-46BC-BE22-4F21E09BF76A.png

This will probably be the last screenshot... I am getting bored and he is just in pure panic mode right now messaging me at least once an hour... sounds like he is going to ruin me by having his lawyer work on a Sunday because he got his feelings hurt online. :rofl: his ass is so broke he has to steal Juliets to have them... I am sure he has a lawyer in his back pocket! He even copied and pasted some google screenshots about online harassment and tried to tell me his lawyer sent it to him! :pickingnose:
Screen Shot 2022-02-27 at 3.00.51 PM.png

Well he has a couple nice x metals for sale ? Perhaps I buy one and then put in a claim that I received the wrong item ? Poetic justice .. seems fair to me !!

Back