• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

EBAY

Nucchem

If you are not falling, you are not learning.
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
Dublin, Ca
Why I keep going here I am unsure. Ebay is getting worse.
Maybe I am not familiar with new charges as I have been off for awhile.
So you sell something, for $100. Ebay takes the $100 + 10.25% Cali tax, lets just call it $10 + shipping say 10$. They add this all up, $120 and then they charge their 12.9% fee out of the $120 = $15.50. But they subtract the %15.50 from your $100 sale, not from the total charged. Your payout is $84.50. So they are charging nearly 16%, on your sale.
CROOKS

So you sell something, for $100. Ebay takes the $100 + 10.25% Cali tax, lets just call it $10 + shipping say 10$. They add this all up, $120 and then they charge their 12.9% fee out of the $120 = $15.50. But they subtract the %15.50 from your $100 sale, not from the total charged. Your payout is $84.50. So they are charging nearly 16%, on your sale.
CROOKS
That just seems like it should be illegal to me.

Meanwhile listing prices continue to increase as sellers try to “recoup” the additional incurred costs of selling …

Fuark eBay

CROOKS
That’s exactly why I only buy and don’t sell anymore on eBay. It just doesn’t feel okay they charge the fee over the price including shipping. Crooks is the right description.

They need to model after gunbroker... %6 on first $250 then 3.5% after that... gunbroker also has a 15 minute rule that if a bid is placed within 15 minutes of end of auction it resets the clock until bidding stops. Ive watched it work and it got me an additional $150 on a shotgun and kills sniping.... wait what the heck am I saying... I love sniping! NVM