• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

EBOLA Is Very Serious!!

Back in the mid-90's I read "The Hot Zone", a non-fiction book by Richard Preston about ebola and other viral hemorrhagic fevers. Very scary stuff. I'm surprised there hasn't been another outbreak before now.

There has been some local debate over whether this really is the beginning of a major crisis or just another example of media hype, like bird flu the other year. Yes, it's a serious disease; I think I heard 70% mortality rate. But, as the esteemed washi points out, it is not airborne. Some have argued that other diseases, such as MRSA, are killing more people and should be getting the greater media attention. Personally I reserve judgment due to lack of qualifications.

But yeah, if it goes airborne, major problem. It's funny; earlier this week after listening to a debate about ebola, I had one of my "zombie apocalypse" dreams. I have them on rare occasions now and then. What was different about this one is usually I'm using a katana to chop off a bunch of heads while this time I was using some sort of a hammer to bash in skulls. I think the change was influenced by watching the new series "Z Nation" on syfy lately...

Back in the mid-90's I read "The Hot Zone", a non-fiction book by Richard Preston about ebola and other viral hemorrhagic fevers. Very scary stuff. I'm surprised there hasn't been another outbreak before now.

There has been some local debate over whether this really is the beginning of a major crisis or just another example of media hype, like bird flu the other year. Yes, it's a serious disease; I think I heard 70% mortality rate. But, as the esteemed washi points out, it is not airborne. Some have argued that other diseases, such as MRSA, are killing more people and should be getting the greater media attention. Personally I reserve judgment due to lack of qualifications.

But yeah, if it goes airborne, major problem. It's funny; earlier this week after listening to a debate about ebola, I had one of my "zombie apocalypse" dreams. I have them on rare occasions now and then. What was different about this one is usually I'm using a katana to chop off a bunch of heads while this time I was using some sort of a hammer to bash in skulls. I think the change was influenced by watching the new series "Z Nation" on syfy lately...

Ive had a few Zombie dreams since all the Ebola talk

kudos to everyone here for sharing the knowledge..the infos here will greatly help everyone here to keep safe..

It seems as though there is a reporter at every emergency room in our city to see if anyone comes in with the virus. 3 different news stations keep saying " a person came in today with Ebola like symptoms... further tests will confirm if the outbreak has reached our border town..." Then at the end of the news the update shows that the individual was diagnosed with " the flu, severe cold, infection of the... etc." It's all to fuel up their ratings and they are blowing it way out of proportion. It gets pretty annoying, but crying wolf will soon bite them in the @$$.

It seems as though there is a reporter at every emergency room in our city to see if anyone comes in with the virus. 3 different news stations keep saying " a person came in today with Ebola like symptoms... further tests will confirm if the outbreak has reached our border town..." Then at the end of the news the update shows that the individual was diagnosed with " the flu, severe cold, infection of the... etc." It's all to fuel up their ratings and they are blowing it way out of proportion. It gets pretty annoying, but crying wolf will soon bite them in the @$$.
HOLY CRAP hopefully its a negative bro don't want that SHHHHHIIIITTT spreading around.

HOLY CRAP hopefully its a negative bro don't want that SHHHHHIIIITTT spreading around.
They all end up negative!!... its just the news station sees a person with ONE symptom, and they jump on it to "warn" the public, but all it does is puts us at false hiatus. It's nerve wrecking to a lot of people.

They all end up negative!!... its just the news station sees a person with ONE symptom, and they jump on it to "warn" the public, but all it does is puts us at false hiatus. It's nerve wrecking to a lot of people.
wooooh atleast negative bro as you now when this spreads around it will be a disaster, its like going back to the dark ages with the plague.

Latest Posts

Back