• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

EBOLA Is Very Serious!!

That's the irony of the timing - ebola has flu-like symptoms, and we're entering flu season... expect false alarms galore...

That's the irony of the timing - ebola has flu-like symptoms, and we're entering flu season... expect false alarms galore...

bro... actually i cant believe how hospitals in the US triage the patient and considers the case as suspected ebola. yeah its flu season even here but just add the "history of travel" from the countries i listed and there you are - real suspected ebola case. i just dont understand why they would all consider patients with flu like symptoms as ebola already.

bro... actually i cant believe how hospitals in the US triage the patient and considers the case as suspected ebola. yeah its flu season even here but just add the "history of travel" from the countries i listed and there you are - real suspected ebola case. i just dont understand why they would all consider patients with flu like symptoms as ebola already.

Unfortunately we had that Dallas nurse do some in-country flying before she was diagnosed, along with some other exposure from that initial case that wasn't properly quarantined, so now everybody's super-paranoid...

Along with the fact that we only have like two hospitals in the US that are properly equipped to follow the protocols defined for ebola...

what? two hospitals? damn.... any actions from US CDC bro? before the zombie apocalypse notion takes place in the US, the CDC must control the panic and provide proper info.... and yeah, the media doesnt help too....

I heard that on the radio but I don't know the guy's source of info.

Latest gov't reactions:

- The Pentagon has ordered that a 30 person military medical team be prepared to be put on standby to quickly assist the Centers for Disease Control with its Ebola response in the United States if needed.

- The US is issuing strict new guidelines for health workers working with ebola patients.

Other news:

- Nigeria has now been declared "ebola free". I hope that's not like Bush on an aircraft carrier declaring "mission accomplished"...

- There have now been five days without a new ebola case in the US, leading to cautious optimism.

Despite my earlier statement about reserving judgement, I think I do want to share my educated but amateur opinion:

- Ebola may be very dangerous, but the actual threat to our daily lives is very small right now; there's a triple-digit list of things we personally should be more on our guard against.

- A lot of the buzz is media hype. Back in the early days, the FCC allowed stations to broadcast for free in exchange that a certain amount of time was spent broadcasting news. So broadcast news started as a public service. But now businesses consider their news divisions to be revenue centers, and sensationalism draws ratings.

- I personally do not believe there is enough reason to change domestic travel plans right now. Don't panic.

There is a lot of distrust of the gov't - in the movie "White Men Can't Jump", there is a comparison between people who want to win first, look good second vs. those that would rather look good first, win second. Ignoring the racial profiling / categorizing in the movie and just considering those two options as general personality types that could apply to anybody, unfortunately many in the gov't fall into the latter category. So when the CDC says "it's under control", there is a lot of doubt. But the facts are that, though early mistakes were made, the gov't is reacting and chances are better right now that we won't have a major outbreak in the US than that we will.

IMHO...

Last edited:
How's this for a laugh - small commercial blurb from a local new station:

"KJBJ69 - your source for ebola!"

WTF, seriously?!? I don't want no stinkin' ebola!! GTFO!!!

(station callsign changed to protect the stupid...)

How's this for a laugh - small commercial blurb from a local new station:

"KJBJ69 - your source for ebola!"

WTF, seriously?!? I don't want no stinkin' ebola!! GTFO!!!

(station callsign changed to protect the stupid...)
hahahahahaha now that is stupid

More news:

The US is now funneling airline passengers whose trips originated in Liberia, Sierra Leone, or Guinea through one of five major US airports conducting enhanced ebola screening.

The airports are JFK, Newark, Washington Dulles, Atlanta, and Chicago O'Hare.

Great. I just happen to have a flight that connects through one of those airports in a few weeks. Guess I'll be staying away from the international terminal... :D

I am seriously considering canceling a cruise I have planned in November due to the Ebola threat. :(
Why? Why would it be on the plane you fly or the ship you sail on, but not in the town you live in? You shouldnt be worried about ebola. You should be worried about a president that golfs more than he attends his daily NS briefings, and a southern border that has more holes than a sponge.

what? two hospitals? damn.... any actions from US CDC bro? before the zombie apocalypse notion takes place in the US, the CDC must control the panic and provide proper info.... and yeah, the media doesnt help too....
The CDC?! They are run by a Democrat sympathizer. They won't be able to control sh!t.

Latest Posts

Back