• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

EDC! Empty Out Your Pockets!

It's just junk. If I needed to I could get by with the key to the car, my license, and one credit card.

If I catch myself saying "I could have used X" I generally find a way to make it available going forward if I think I'll need it again. My bags all have room. I'm not carrying anything for long distances like camping/hiking or whatever. If I was I'd dump what I didn't need. The *important* stuff will generally get backup or duplicates.

Plus I really like bags. When I go on a trip I'll take 3-4 small bags instead of one big suitcase. I'll split up the clothes/toiletries from all of the other stuff I'm bringing.

For instance the car bags. The one up front has in it document copies and some tools and supplies to use in the car. The back bag has in it medical supplies and tools so that it can be taken out and use wherever. It's got a pretty nicely stocked first aid kit, better than a lot of people have in their houses, and items to treat anything from a small cut to a near fatal accident.

I don't want to use it, but I drive out on longer trips occasionally and being stranded or coming across someone stranded is a real possibility. I've had it happen before where I found a friend on the side of the road in a pretty remote area. We were both traveling back to school, so it was a pretty good chance someone would find him, but this was closer to 10 years ago and cell phone signal was nonexistent in the area. He had gotten a flat tire and was on the side of the road for several hours in pretty cold weather. It was hilly and about 20 miles to the nearest anything. I had to park my car against his to keep it from shifting and use both of our emergency car jacks to get his tire changed. Since then I've carried a can of tire goop in my car. People say not to use it, but it sure beats the scenario we were in. I also carry stuff to survive an overnight either in or close to my car. The glow sticks give you 12 hours of light, enough to poorly navigate so you don't burn up flashlight batteries, or toss in the road to signal distress at night so you don't have to try and sit out waving. Emergency blanket. A small amount of food and water. As well as a bunch of other stuff. And there's more room.

People have told me I'm nuts.
I don't think it's nuts, I just haven't thought about it too much. I like a minimalist approach to almost everything I own so my car doesn't have much in it other than the necessary registration documents and service booklet, my wife also drives it and it becomes a portable house lol

On a non-working day, just my wallet, change, keys and a handkerchief in my trouser pockets, mobile and microbags in a jacket pocket. When working, because I too was fed up with carrying stuff in a plastic bag, I take a messenger bag which has an MP3 player, headphones and typically mineral water, a can of something like San Pellegrino Aranciata Rossa and a banana. The phone and microbag live in the messenger bag if I have it, instead of a coat pocket.

It's just junk. If I needed to I could get by with the key to the car, my license, and one credit card.

If I catch myself saying "I could have used X" I generally find a way to make it available going forward if I think I'll need it again. My bags all have room. I'm not carrying anything for long distances like camping/hiking or whatever. If I was I'd dump what I didn't need. The *important* stuff will generally get backup or duplicates.

Plus I really like bags. When I go on a trip I'll take 3-4 small bags instead of one big suitcase. I'll split up the clothes/toiletries from all of the other stuff I'm bringing.

For instance the car bags. The one up front has in it document copies and some tools and supplies to use in the car. The back bag has in it medical supplies and tools so that it can be taken out and use wherever. It's got a pretty nicely stocked first aid kit, better than a lot of people have in their houses, and items to treat anything from a small cut to a near fatal accident.

I don't want to use it, but I drive out on longer trips occasionally and being stranded or coming across someone stranded is a real possibility. I've had it happen before where I found a friend on the side of the road in a pretty remote area. We were both traveling back to school, so it was a pretty good chance someone would find him, but this was closer to 10 years ago and cell phone signal was nonexistent in the area. He had gotten a flat tire and was on the side of the road for several hours in pretty cold weather. It was hilly and about 20 miles to the nearest anything. I had to park my car against his to keep it from shifting and use both of our emergency car jacks to get his tire changed. Since then I've carried a can of tire goop in my car. People say not to use it, but it sure beats the scenario we were in. I also carry stuff to survive an overnight either in or close to my car. The glow sticks give you 12 hours of light, enough to poorly navigate so you don't burn up flashlight batteries, or toss in the road to signal distress at night so you don't have to try and sit out waving. Emergency blanket. A small amount of food and water. As well as a bunch of other stuff. And there's more room.

People have told me I'm nuts.

better prepare than sorry, some people will call you nuts but better be a doomsday preppers than doomed

Regularly, wedding ring, iPhone 6+, Seiko Kinetic, Coach wallet, car/office/house keys. Right now, the F&F invitation is included just in case.

image.jpg

Back