• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Edge and Prizm?

WayneH

Oakley Beginner
Hi! Interested in prescription sunglasses that accommodate my severe astigmatism (-3.75,-4.75). Also would like at least a gentle wrap to improve peripheral vision and shade from the sides. And style 😀. Talking with an optician, Oakley Edge can accommodate my prescription in a Square Wire frame, which I like. However it didn’t allow a Prizm formulation, at least in the 24k lens. Is such a combination available?

Thanks!

Wayne H

Thanks! I’m trying to find a way to do that. When I try to order Edge lenses I don’t find a Prizm option? Where did you get yours?
I fill prescriptions at an oakley store. Fill them all the time

I fill prescriptions at an oakley store. Fill them all the time
How close are you to Seattle?? 😂 I was just on a chat with someone at SportsRx who told me Oakley Sunglasses can only accommodate +/-3 in astigmatism

I'm in San Diego. I'm pretty sure only Oakley stores can order Edge lenses. SportRX is great but don't think they do edge. With edge tech they usually go up to + or - 5. Have you talked to your local O store?

San Diego’s a bit far 😂Just LensCrafters….There are some Oakley stores near though

Ah, that's why. Even though LensCrafters and Oakley stores are both Luxottica retail, LensCrafters usually can't order Edge lenses whereas Oakley can. Talk to an Oakley store with an optician. That should resolve your problem

Back