• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!
Hinge is different than that on the Gauge 6/8 line. And the lens shape is obviously more square than the rounder Gauge series. And the bridge is classic oakley design vs the newer RayBan aviator style bridge like on the Gauge.

I love them personally with 7 pairs in my collections for rotated wear. 2 Prizm Ruby, 2x Prizm Sapphire, 1 Prizm Black, 1 SI Prizm Maritime Polarized, and 1 SI Prizm Sapphire. Planning for 2 more pair to head to the chop shop of @Chris A Hardaway for Prizm Violet and Prizm Jade in the next month or so.

I like the Matte Gun Metal, Satin Chrome, Satin Black, and Matte Black frame options. I dont care for the Carbon frame in black.

I did try on the Rose Gold with Satin Rose Gold frame. Not for me personally but nice looking shades none the less if Rose is your thing.

Size wise they are near the same lens size and stem length as the Medium Gauge, not the Large.

Eye / Bridge / Temple / Bi-Focal (If Applicable)

Ejector measurements:

5816139B40.4

Gauge 8 M:

5717136B41.8
I just ordered in the Rose Gold / Copper looking one. Sorry I don't know the exact name and part number as I'm headed out the door as I see this. I really like the more "jagged" design. As compared to the smooth sculpted Gauge 8. Now when I cut you a set I might not need you to send the frame in. Once I get it, I'll have an easier time suggesting donors too!

I just ordered in the Rose Gold / Copper looking one. Sorry I don't know the exact name and part number as I'm headed out the door as I see this. I really like the more "jagged" design. As compared to the smooth sculpted Gauge 8. Now when I cut you a set I might not need you to send the frame in. Once I get it, I'll have an easier time suggesting donors too!
Excited for that.

Hinge is different than that on the Gauge 6/8 line. And the lens shape is obviously more square than the rounder Gauge series. And the bridge is classic oakley design vs the newer RayBan aviator style bridge like on the Gauge.

I love them personally with 7 pairs in my collections for rotated wear. 2 Prizm Ruby, 2x Prizm Sapphire, 1 Prizm Black, 1 SI Prizm Maritime Polarized, and 1 SI Prizm Sapphire. Planning for 2 more pair to head to the chop shop of @Chris A Hardaway for Prizm Violet and Prizm Jade in the next month or so.

I like the Matte Gun Metal, Satin Chrome, Satin Black, and Matte Black frame options. I dont care for the Carbon frame in black.

I did try on the Rose Gold with Satin Rose Gold frame. Not for me personally but nice looking shades none the less if Rose is your thing.

Size wise they are near the same lens size and stem length as the Medium Gauge, not the Large.

Eye / Bridge / Temple / Bi-Focal (If Applicable)

Ejector measurements:

5816139B40.4

Gauge 8 M:

5717136B41.8

I love my gauge 8L (others aren’t wide enough for my head). Thoughts on how wide they are across? Love the look of these things

I love my gauge 8L (others aren’t wide enough for my head). Thoughts on how wide they are across? Love the look of these things
I dont have the gauge 8 to compare with but they are the similar width to the Holbrook metal and sliver

This should show the size comparison against the Holbrook Metal and Sliver which are top and bottom of the rows.

20201015_135607.jpg

Hi. I'm considering these but I need to know the frame width (internal hinge to hinge). If anyone could please help me with that. (I can't try them first)

Thanks

Latest Posts

Back